11

❛ Hanim the himbo ❜

ʚ JUYEONG ɞ

I watch as Sunghoon scarfs down the ramen, not even taking a moment to blow it off. He's practically inhaling steaming ramen. I don't know how he is, but he is.

"Are you going to stop staring at me and actually eat yourself?" Sunghoon nods at my untouched bowl.

I shrug and pick up my chopsticks, staring down at the bowl and feeling sick to my stomach at the sight. I pinch myself. What's wrong with me? I love ramen. I love eating. I can eat. I can eat. I can eat. I can eat.

Sunghoon's face furrows into worry and before he can say anything I shovel noodles into my mouth and force myself to swallow.

"Mmm," I say. "It's delicious." And it is. It really is, but I can't focus on the taste as much  as I can on not throwing up right now.

Sunghoon eyes me and again I curse him for knowing me so well. He manages a small smile that doesn't reach his eyes. "Yeah, it is."

"You look tired," I note in an attempt to change the subject.

He lifts a shoulder. "Things have just been sort of hectic, recently."

"Why?"

"Uh, band stuff, school stuff, etc."

"Oh yeah, you're in a band, right?" I smile. "That's really cool."

Sunghoon smirks. "Thanks. And I know, a real actual band! Hah, but don't think I'll ever forget my beginnings with our band in my garage."

"You better not," I threaten.

He laughs and suddenly he doesn't look so tired anymore. "I would never dare."

His eyes drift back to my barely-touched bowl and I hurriedly stuff more food into my mouth. I chew as quickly as I can and force myself to swallow all the food. "Uhgh . . ."

Sunghoon frowns and grabs my bowl, pulling it away. "If you can't eat, don't force yourself to."

"No . . . I can," I murmur. "I can."

He grabs my hand and gently takes the chopsticks out of my hand. I bite my lip and take a shaky breath in.

"How about I pay and we take a walk?" Sunghoon offers, already standing.

"No, I'll pay." I pull my wallet out but Sunghoon snatches it from my hands; the gentleness from a few seconds gone completely.

He winks at me puts my wallet in his back pocket. "Don't worry, Princess. I got this."

My face flushes and I glare after him as he pays the bill. What an asshole. A few minutes later, Sunghoon returns, holding his hand out. I eye him cautiously and he pouts.

"Not going to take my hand, darling?"

I stand, ignoring his extended hand and marching off. I touch my face. Hot. Damn Sunghoon and his romantic theatrics.

"So, is that a no on 'darling?'" Sunghoon sidles next to me.

I roll my eyes at him, willing my face to stop heating. Sunghoon tries to meet my eyes but I turn away. He cannot see my face or his ego will only inflate drastically. And besides . . . I shouldn't be reacting this way to his baseless, random flirting. He flirts with everyone, I'm sure.