06

❛ My heart is going fucking feral oh my god. ❜

ʚ JUYEONG ɞ

I didn't actually expect Sunghoon to show at the café. I mean, I know that I'm the one that technically asked him to show up there, but still. I thought he might've been pulling my leg or something about "wanting to hang out" with me. Like, what's that even supposed to mean in the first place? Our lives don't correlate anymore. It was simply chance that we met each other in Namyangju and now he's chasing me down while I'm in school.

I enter the café to find Sunghoon sitting in a booth in the corner. He looks . . . dead inside, to be honest. His stare is blank and he's aimlessly messing with a napkin.

I frown and wring my hands together. When I saw him at first in Namyangju, I was surprised to see him drinking so much. He seemed to quite literally be drinking his pain away. And I felt sympathetic with him, because I'm guilty of doing the same thing.

I do wonder, though, what happened to him. The Sunghoon I know would never turn to drinking when faced with a problem. He'd also never drink so much in any case anyway. So, something big must've happened to him. Someone must've hurt him. And I want to know who did.

"Well, well, well. You actually showed." I slide into the seat across from Sunghoon and he stares at me for a second, registering who I am.

His blank expression is quickly replaced with a smile. "Of course I did. I wouldn't miss our date~ for the world."

"Date?" I scoff. "You wish this was a date, Sunghoon."

"Awe, can it not be?" Sunghoon leans forward on his palms and pouts. "Do you not love me?"

"I'm feeling a strong sense of dejá vù right now. You've asked me this question a million times, haven't you?" I grab Sunghoon's cup and sniff his drink. My nose scrunches at the smell. Coffee. I don't like coffee.

Sunghoon takes his cup back, eyeing me carefully as if I'll steal it or something. Who actually wants to steal coffee? "Because you never actually answer me. I ask and you change the subject or flick me in the forehead."

I grin at him and hold up my hand. "Mmm, give me your forehead, Sunghoon."

"Please no! I'll never ask the question again!"

"Oh?" I muse. I lower my hand and lean forward across the table to mirror his position. "You really won't?"

Sunghoon averts his gaze. "Once you give me an answer . . ."

I flick his forehead.

"Juyeong! That hurt!" he protests, hands flying to his forehead. "All because I just want an answer to this question I've been asking you for years—"

"You'll never get an answer." I smile at him and lean even farther forward. "Sucks to suck, huh?"

His expression drops into a straight face. "You think you're so funny, don't you?"

"I'm absolutely hilarious, Sunghoon. And you know I am—I'm the funniest person either of us know."

"I beg to differ."