Bonus chapter: What happened to Salem?

Salem wandered the white plains, not knowing where she was.

She spied a purple ball at the end of her vision, and walked towards it.

Once she got closer, she realized that it was not a ball. But a pink woman who stood there motionless.

She stepped near the woman, and she turned to greet her.

???: Hey there.

Salem: Who are you?

Samay: Names Samay. And you are?

Salem: I am Salem.

Samay: Yeah I know.

She went back to staring at nothingness, leaving Salem confused.

Salem: Where... what is this place?

Samay: We're in his soul.

Salem: Soul?

Samay pointed, and Salem turned, flinching back at the sight of a giant Shadow.

Samay: I'm here because he killed me, but not before copying my aura. And copying my soul. We all tried to take over from time to time, but Shadow doesn't even seem to notice.

Salem: "Others?"

Samay: Yep, all the other souls Shadow has within him.

Samay: Buuuut...

Samay turned to Salem.

Samay: He didn't copy you before killing you, did he?

Samay: Huh, looks like he didn't.

Salem: Explain what you are talking about.

Samay: He used my semblance on you before killing you. My semblance is time manipulation, meaning, that Shadow is sending you back in time.

Samay: Somewhere very far back of its taking this long,

Salem: Time?... When?

Samay: Do I look like I know?

Salem growled, she had half the mind to smite her right now.

Samay: Oh, and a quick note. A side affect of sending a person back this far means that you might not remember a lot... or not have a lot of control. Either way.

Salem fell over, clutching her forehead in pain.

Samay: Oh look at this! Seems like it's happening.

Samay: Have fun.

Salem looked at her one last time, before her vision faded to black

.

.

.

Heed this warning: where you seek comfort, you will only find pain.

But the God of Light had been wrong.

We could become the gods of this world. Our powers surpass all others, our souls transcend death. We can mold these lands into whatever we want...what you want. Create the paradise that the old gods could not.

And Salem was right. They had underestimated the size of the task by a large margin, but she hadn't been entirely wrong.

And then came the night. The night when Ozma told his wife and queen everything. She had dismissed it, claimed that now that there was proof that their children had magic, the old power of humanity could live again. Replace the current crop of humans with the demigods they used to be.