Chapter 5

Leah POV

"This guy sounds like a dreamboat!" Mary gushed, placing her hands over her heart. I rolled my eyes with a smile before I continued.

"As I was saying, we were leaving and I found out that his name was Vlado." 

"But did you get..?" She trailed off, gazing at me with hopeful eyes. I held back my smile as I reached for the pocket of my hoodie where I placed the card Vlado gave me. I looked at Mary, slowly pulling out the card. I couldn't stop the smile from stretching across my face anymore. I held the card in front of me and Mary's face lit up even more than before. 

She let out a loud squeal and pulled me off of the bed with her. As Mary held her hands in mine, she shimmied us around the hotel room. I let out a laugh. We danced around the room for hours on end until night fell.

* * * * *

The light wind blew through my hair as we walked down the path. Mary and I were making our way to the tour, hopefully, our future workplace. My stomach was full of butterflies, as it has been for the past few hours. I look at the card once more, making sure that we were heading in the right direction. Number 23. 

I look at the numbers placed on the sides of the beautiful houses next to me. 17. 19. 21. 

"Here it is. Number 23." I state before my jaw dropped. The house had high, white walls surrounded by a small but gorgeous garden, enclosed by a large but elegant fence. It was two stories high and had a dark, tiled roof, a large chimney protruding out of it. The front wall was encased with large windows next to the large, see-through double door. 

I turned to Mary, only to find her with the same in-awe look with her mouth to the floor. I let out a small giggle and gave Mary a small shove. She shook her head and looked at me with wide eyes, but still kept her mouth agape. 

"Pick your mouth off the floor, otherwise bugs will fly in." I chuckled, causing Mary to immediately close her mouth.

"Did you forget to tell me that Vlado was rich, or did I just not hear that part of the story by choice?" Mary questioned, keeping her gaze on the house. I rolled my eyes.

"I never knew tha-" I was cut off by the front doors of the giant house opening. A tall man was standing in the doorway with a large smile on his face, but it dropped slightly when he actually looked at the two of us.

"Hello." The man said hesitantly, narrowing his eyes slightly at Mary and me. I gave him a little wave while Mary just stared at him.

"Did you guys come for the tour?" I nodded, nudging Mary with my elbow. Mary finally came out of her daze and nodded as well. The man looked at Mary a moment longer, before responding.

"I don't know how you got this address, but-" He was cut off by another, more familiar man walking over to him in the doorway.

"Who's here, Romero?" Vlado questioned as he turned to us in confusion, but once he met my eyes, he lit up with recognition.

"Leah." He said, a small grin on his face. Romero looked between the two of us and Vlado noticed. He cleared his throat, his grin turned into a thin line. 

"I was starting to think that you weren't going to come," Vlado stated, his gaze flitting over to Mary, then back to me.

"This must be Mary. Nice to meet you." Mary gave him a small smile. Vlado nodded in return. The four of us stood in what I felt to be an awkward silence until Vlado cleared his throat again.

"So, let's get to the tour then, shall we?"

Vlado POV 

"What's going on with you and Leah?" Romero and I were walking in front of the group of girls, giving them a tour of the first floor. I caught sight of Romero on my left, wearing a smug grin as he kept his eyes ahead. Rolling my eyes, I faced the front again, keeping my mouth as straight as a line.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Romero scoffed.

"Yeah right. You were acting like an excited puppy when you saw her. I have never seen you act like that with anybody before." I wanted to deny it, but he was right. Other than with him and my family, I have never been happy to see somebody I just saw yesterday. I've never felt attracted in such a little amount of time as I have with Leah. I've never had a bubbly feeling in my stomach from a person before. I've never wanted to get to know someone as desperately as I want to know Leah. 

Like I'm going to tell that to Romero.

"You're crazy." Before Romero could respond, I turned to the group behind us. 

"And this," I called out, gesturing to the open door on my right, "is your dining room. This is where some of you will eat your meals, or can hang out around during your free time." I scanned my eyes over the group of hopefuls, but they lingered on Leah longer than the others. She was whispering to Mary about who knows what, before she inclined her head and met my eyes. I felt my breath hitching in my throat as we kept eye contact. What was this girl doing to me? I'm a mafia Dom, for god's sake. I shouldn't be acting like a love-sick puppy.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and peeled my eyes away from her. I saw Romero keeping his eyes straight ahead, lips pursed, but I could tell he was struggling to keep the smug smile off of his face. I mentally rolled my eyes, and turned around, continuing with the tour.

* * * * *

Romero, Theo, Clarke, and I were in my office. I sat at my desk, the others facing me on the other side. My face was placed on my hands, which were propped up by my elbows on the desk as I listened to the others talk.

"I think that we should hire Amelia, Kaitlyn, and Mary," Clarke suggested, looking at the two beside her, then me. "They all ha-"

"No." I cut her off. The three were quiet, expecting an explanation, but I just kept my eyes closed, waiting for the next suggestion.

"Well, why?" Clarke demanded. Romero chuckled mischievously, causing me to snap my eyes open in a hurry. I didn't like the sound of that.

"Probably because you didn't suggest who he wanted you to." Romero teased playfully. I groaned, putting my head in my hands when Clarke and Theo snapped their heads over to Romero.

"What are you talking about?" Theo insisted, glaring between Romero and me.

"It's nothing." I urged, inclining my head once more to look at the three of them.

"Oh, I wouldn't say that." I scowled at Romero, but he wasn't fazed by my unsaid threats. "He has taken a liking to a certain green-eyed lady." He gushed, placing his hands over his heart, pretending to swoon. Theo and Clarke snapped their heads over to me.

"Leah?!" They exclaimed simultaneously. I heaved out a sigh, giving Romero a 'seriously?' look. He just shrugged his shoulders, a goofy grin stretched onto his face.

"I mean, she's cool. I can picture her working here." Theo stated. Clarke nodded in agreement. I don't know why, but I felt happy that they were thought she could work here, and hopefully, become close friends with her.

"Alright, so, Leah, Mary, and..." Clarke thought for a moment. "Amelia." We all looked at one another, nodding in agreement.

I leaned back in my chair, my hands on the back of my head. I had that bubbly feeling again at the thought of getting to see Leah every day.