Chapter 8

Monday morning, the guys met before classes started because Gulf would be gone in the afternoon.

"Hey Gulf," Chet started, "about that night..."

"I had a bad hangover yesterday."

"Tell me about it," Chet forced a laugh and became serious again. "Yeah, So maybe you don't remember but you were drunk and after a while of talking about the past you suddenly mentioned something and we just want to make sure that it was drunk talk."

Gulf listened.

"You probably don't remember and we didn't want to remind you but we just want to make sure that it was the alcohol." Atid explained creating suspense.

"On with it guys I have to go back to class soon."

"Well you said you're going back home and we got really worried after hearing that."

"I do remember saying it." Gulf conformed their doubts.

"Oh does that mean?"

"Yes. I'm planning on going back home?" He repeated.

"Gulf!" Chet called disappointed.

"I miss home."

"But your mother is not there anymore. It's not home anymore." Chet reminded.

"I know." Gulf was getting upset.

"So you're saying you're going back home to live with your father? Even though he lives with his boyfriend?" Chet was failing to understand his logic.

"You said you're financially stable? You're working and you have enough funds so what's wrong?" Atid asked in a nicer way.

"I just want to go back." Gulf stated a little bit nonchalant for his friend's liking.

"I don't get it. You don't like homosexuals. You said you don't like your dad for doing that to you and your mum. Why are you going back there?" Chet wanted to know.

"I miss being loved."

"If he couldn't love you back then you think he'll love you now?" Chet exploded.

"Chet!!!" Atid stopped him but it was too late.

Gulf just walked away despite Atid's effort of calling out his name.

"Chet??? What was that about?" Atid confronted.

"I don't want him to go back." Chet was troubled.

"Not your choice to make." Atid enlightened.

"I'm just helping him remember since he seem to have forgotten."

"Why are you angry?" Atid asked.

"We lost him once because of that man's selfishness. Who's to say what he'll do next to drive him away. I can't lose him again Tid." Chet was struggling.

Atid understood where Chet was coming from. Chet took Gulf's disappearance pretty hard. Now thinking that Gulf might end up getting overwhelmed and leaving again had Chet defensive.

Atid hugged Chet comforting him. "It'll be ok Chety." Atid received a fluttering slap on his butt.

"You know I don't like you calling me that." Chet reminded with a smile.

"Atleast you're feeling better now." Atid said hugging his Bestfriend a lot tighter than before.

It became longer than necessary and before the awkwardness kicked in, Atid said,

"Even if Gulf is gone, don't you still have me? Or am I not enough for you? I clearly thought I was." Atid left for classes leaving Chet bewildered.