{5 - The Leader}

A/N: Got you guy's a little fun in this one :) it's longer than other chapters so far. Enjoy. It's kind of based on this scene but it doesn't align completely. 

Note: italics + underline = Singing

The dwarves had stopped gouging and have gone back to talking loudly to each other. It was actually quite nice as I stood in the awning of the dining room watching the dwarves interact, I don't know the last time this place has been so lively. 

One of the dwarves, Ori, I think, comes up to me.

" 'scuse me, but what should I do with me plates?" He asked, looking between the dishes in his hand to me.

Before I can respond, Fíli comes up behind me and grabs them, "I'll take 'em" he said. I thought it was very kind of him until he chucked it down the hall to Kíli. Kíli catches it and then throws it into the kitchen behind his back. Fíli throws the other one down to Kíli and Kíli throws it behind him again.

"Hey! What are you doing?!?" I frown, They were going to break my dishes. "Don't do that you're going to break them! Those are old! And special!" They continue throwing the plates and bowls down a row, playing with them, bouncing them on knees and shoulders.

I hear a metal clanging in the dining room and turn to see what was going on. They had started to use the silver to hit the bowls and thump them on the table. Making a sound kind of like music.

"Don't do that! You'll blunt them!" I say pointing helplessly at their actions.

"Oh, yeah hear that lads," Bofur says, still clanging my good silverware on the table. "He says we'll blunt the kniveess" He leans forward looking at everyone, and smiling.

"Blunt the knives, bend the forks," Kíli begins to sing.

"Smash the bottles and burn the corks," Fíli joins in, popping a plate from one elbow to the other.

"Chip the glasses and crack the plaaattes" The rest of the dwarves joined in as I just stare at them throwing my dishes around. "THAT'S WHAT BILBO BAGGINS HATES!"

"Yes, yes that is EXACTLY what I dislike!" I was unheard. They were passing them down a line and at some point had gotten out some instruments, where from, I have no clue.

"Cut the cloth, tread on the fat," they were stacking them, throwing and juggling the dishes. "Leave the bones on the bedroom mat!" this wasn't gonna end was it? Helpless. I was absolutely helpless. "Pour the milk on the pantry floooor" a bowl pops onto Dwalin's head as he strums a... I don't know. the bowl travels to someones dancing foot. I look over to Ori, who's carrying a load of plates and bowls towering over his head. I stare, wide-eyed, as he carries it past me. "Splash the wine on every door!"

They're now tossing the plates around the circle by the table. "Dump the crocks in a boiling bowl," Balin lifted his plate every so often launching a rolling plate over his shoulder. I had to duck to not get hit. "Pound them up with a thumpin' pole, when you're finished if they are whooollee" god what was happening. I run from the kitchen to the dining room, following a few rolling plates. "Send them down the hall to roll!"

I push past the dwarves to get to the table and... the dishes were stacked neatly in separate piles and all clean.

"THAT'S WHAT BILBO BAGGINS HATES!" they jostle around and laugh. I let out a chuckle of relief. As I'm about to thank them, a loud resounding knock comes from the entryway.

"Let me guess, that's your thirteenth member?" I ask pointing towards the door. The dwarves nod. I sigh, "great, just great." I look at the head of the table to see that they had left the napkin-covered food alone. That'd be cold by now.

I walk to the green door and open it to reveal the tallest dwarf so far. His dark hair pulled back on the top, but free-flowing otherwise. The hair right in front of his ears were braided and clipped with a metal square. His beard was neatly trimmed so that it was there but close to his face. He had striking blue eyes and held an aura that could command an entire room. And he was hot as hell.

"Hello Bilbo," my thoughts of this gorgeous man were interrupted when a tall gray-haired wizard dressed in gray bent down to look at me, considering that he was too tall to simply walk through the door. "We aren't too late are we?"

"Yes, Gandalf had told me this place would be easier to find," the newly arrived dwarf starts as he enters and takes his cloak off, "I lost my way, twice, and if it wasn't for the mark on the door, I wouldn't have found it at all!"

"Mark on the door? There's no mark on the door, it was repainted just last week!" I say looking at him in confusion.

"Ah, yes, there is indeed a mark on your door. I should know for I am the one who put it there." Gandalf says, ducking inside as well. My eye twitches.

"You," I cross one arm over my chest and point a finger accusingly at the wizard, "you're the one who did this, aren't you?"

"Well, yes, I suppose I was." He stated matter of factly, "but it seems like you have managed well on your own" Gandalf looks around, observing the smial like Dwalin had when he first entered. "this place has barely changed since the last time I visited you and your mother." He sighs and I frown. I still don't know how he knows my mother.

"So, what are you doing here then? Why do I have a whole lot of dwarves in my home?" I ask him, slightly mad, because I still don't like unexpected guests, and I don't like it when one of them is a certain gray-haired wizard.

Gandalf sighs, looking at all the dwarves, his eyes landing on the newest arrival and then on me.

"Bilbo Baggins, I would like you to meet the leader of our company" Gandalf flourishes a hand to the new arrival "Thorin Oakenshield."

"So," Thorin takes a step forth, looking me up and down. My absolute awestruck of him has already faded so now I just saw another handsome dwarf. He crosses his arms and I simply frown at him. "This is the hobbit." He circles me, sizing me up. I didn't like this. "Tell me, Mr. Baggins, are you any good at fighting?"

"Pardon me?" I ask, surprised.

"Axe or sword?" After a full circle, Thorin stops in front of me. "What's your weapon of choice?"

I blinked at him, "I, uh," I look at Gandalf who looked unusually amused. I clear my throat, "I... I don't fight?" It was more of a question than an answer but it was the closest I wished to go to truth. "But, I fail to see where fighting is needed?"

"Thought as much," Thorin turned his head over his shoulder, still looking at me. "He looks more of a grocer than a burglar." The dwarves laugh at this. I cringe.

I have a feeling that this long night just got a lot longer. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1180 words

Hope y'all enjoyed it, I'll try to update more but already, I don't think I'll be able to stick to the Wednesday schedule.