𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈𝐈

"You don't have to explain," he said as he slowly closed his eyes which had been stocked seconds ago. "But I'm open to doing anything, Madison, anything. You can leave alone, have the independence you need, I know we started what we have in the wrong order but we can try to start as we should have. You can leave alone and I could—"

"Aaron. I don't think you understand. It's not only about living alone, its not because of that. We are...different, I don't want this..." There we're not words. Not one. None of them were right.

"But we could, you're not understanding." His face was frantic, his hands running down his dark hair.

"Aaron, please, don't make this more difficult," I whispered. "I'm going to get my things, the ones still here. I'll call an Uber, go to Ember's." He didn't say anything and I used that opening to go to my bedroom and pack everything I could. I would probably forget things, and I could come back to pick them up, but that would just hurt me even deeper.

I tried to pack everything as quickly as I could, trying to stop my mind from thinking where Aaron was right now. He had maintained silent, probably to let everything sink down and really understand. Clothes, dresses, jackets, shoes. They belonged in that dresser, in that room, and sadly some did stay there as I didn't have much space to pack them down. I had finished packing the most I could but I didn't wan to go down, didn't want to face the reality before me.

The stars seemed endless, especially once I saw that Aaron was still standing near the doorway. "Madison, please, don't do this." My eyes were watered, my vision blurry with the tears I tried to hold back. He was there, still waiting to fight, a defiant look on his face to win this.

"Aaron—" Just saying his name made him start to talk again.

"Madison, you're not fucking doing this. Hear me, for fucks sake. I want you here with me, you don't understand." I wished I didn't hear his words. I wished I was able to shut them out and walked out of that door. I wished it wouldn't be so damn difficult. Cause I loved him, but I was too dumb to tell.

He still stood a few feat away from the door, like a statue, too struck to move or do something, except for what he did. Except for what he said.

"Madison, please. We can try." He looked and sounded defeated, yet with all the power to keep fighting until he died. I was about to leave, to leave everything behind, when he said it. "I love y-"

"Unbound."

The word flew from my lips as if it wasn't the biggest and most hurtful thing I could have said. His eyes saddened down, his expression grew solemn, and I could see the tears starting to form were hope had laid in his eyes.

He moved aside, he stopped talking, because sadly, he knew what that word meant. He was strong as to keep fighting but not as evil as to continue when that word left my lips. It would've been stupid for an outsider, how come a simple word only consisting of 3 syllables and 4 consonants stop something like that, and make someone's world shut down.

That word was meant to use inside the bedroom, when things got too far away, when pain got too powerful. But I hadn't used it. I could suffer the pain, the words and continue finding the pleasure within them, but I couldn't hear him say that he loved me.

He didn't fight when I opened the door. He didn't fight when I looked back and stared at those blue eyes. And he didn't fight when I finally left, because he had understood there was no more room to fight.

 And he didn't fight when I finally left, because he had understood there was no more room to fight

I hate it too.

Don't come to conclusions, this is not the end of the book. It will end on chapter 50.

Anywaysss, I'm sorry. Yeah. That's all I've got to say. Sorry for taking so long to upload and sorry for uploading this.

I don't think it would fit in for me to ask some weird ass question, so yeah, I'll leave it here.

I fucking love everyone who has stayed and read this book till now, you all are amazing. Love you,

Mart ☘︎