"Being taken care of is so cool," I admitted, shutting my eyelids and enjoying the feeling of his hands adjusting the cloth on me, "I feel better just knowing that somebody cares.. Thank you for letting me experience this feeling."

Being this honest was fine, right? What could go wrong with this little truth? Thanking him for everything was the least I could do. I couldn't exactly explain to him how much time had passed since I'd last been taken care of.

He gently held my face, pulling me towards him and leaving a kiss on my forehead. I was certainly not ready for that, so I gasped, confused by the violent palpitations of my heart.

Not satisfied with making my fever so much worse already, he placed his forehead on mine, leaning in to the point of our noses touching.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!

I used to think at least oxygen was free, but here I was, turning blue.

His fingers were on my hair tie until I felt my hair fall down my shoulders. While I was trying to get ahold of myself, he breathed out words I shouldn't have heard that night, "I wish I had met you earlier, Snow."

Waterworks.

Not a second after I'd heard him, I was creating new oceans for the globe.

He didn't know what he was doing to me. He didn't understand how cruel his words were. He didn't realize that he was teaching me to expect unrealistic things. I was just fine without him giving me fantasies of what could have been and hopes of what could still be possible. How dare he make me want something I could never have?

"I wish for that too. More than you'd like to know," I whispered, staring into his eyes which also held the depth of his emotions.

Where was he?!

Where was he years ago?!

If I had truly met him earlier, maybe I would have found myself too. Maybe I would have known what real affection felt like. Maybe I would have learnt that love didn't feel like a risky game. It was rather a warm yellow bubble you'd want to surround yourself with forever. It was having someone next to you who'd always be ready to support you- no matter what. To have someone who didn't judge you, who'd give you second and third chances when you messed up. To have someone who'd run to you as soon as you needed them instead of disappearing at the most dire moments.

If I knew what real love was..

I wouldn't have settled for less.

But it was too late. I was not who Hyunjin thought I was, and I would never deliberately harm him by leading him on. What had he done in his life to have been unlucky enough to meet me?

And..

What had I done to be lucky enough to meet him?

The doctor thankfully interrupted our priceless moment, diagnosed me with a mere cold, gave us pills, then left us alone again.

I wanted Hyunjin to leave.

Seeing him just hurt.

I was a horrible person, but I still didn't deserve to be so closely far from something that felt so right.

As I was lost in self pity, Hyunjin had started unpacking my suitcases for me. He wouldn't stop even when I told him to.

Why? Just why?

Why was he being so nice to me?

What about me could he have possibly liked?

I wasn't acting like a lovable character around him. He didn't know me as the strong, clever, three golden starred Isabelle. I hadn't taken on any charismatic roles either.

He knew me as myself, the Isabelle who had nothing going for her.

Why was he still sticking around?

What did he see in me?!

I felt like a child again and he felt like miss Jade. His hands delicately lifting my folded clothes out of the cases were mesmerizing from where I was laying down. He carefully filled up the drawers while scolding me for not drying my wet clothes and getting sick.

It was good.

He was good.

He was really good.

***

I woke up to the sound of a noisy visitor. He was the guy who was supposed to bring me the papers that would allow me to become Scarlett's teammate. The problem was.. He was supposed to come the day after.

I didn't really care about his lack of punctuality as long as the paper would get to me, but sadly, nothing in my life went that smoothly.

Hyunjin just happened to be holding my old missions' documents which were prohibited for anyone other than teammates and family to see. The agent didn't miss a second and took out his gun, pointing it at Hyunjin.

My heart sunk to my stomach.

My knees almost buckled at the thought of him dying.

Without thinking twice, I jumped in front of his body, ready to take the bullet. I didn't even understand why Hyunjin had those papers in his hands or why this guy had come so early, yet I didn't care about anything but Hyunjin's life.

My panicked state pushed me to raise my voice, trying to negotiate or change the guy's mind so he'd leave us alone. My whole being was shaking with the fear of losing this precious soul, but the agent wasn't budging at all. For a second, my eyes darted to my gun on the ground.. All it would take was one bullet and I could take care of this guy.

No.

I was not about to traumatize Hyunjin or catch a case with Little Haven about a missing corpse.. Or, you know, he was annoying, but his life was still valuable and all..

The next best solution would be to bring out my expertise, lying.

I made up some story about being engaged to Hyunjin. I was about to use all my cards and this agent's tardiness was the most convenient one. He had kept me busy all day, so Hyunjin and I weren't able to go sign marriage papers; easy lie.

Or so I thought!

The guy brought his friend over and put us in a tight spot, making Hyunjin and I sign our names down to save his life..

In a couple of seconds, I got married.

Lies were usually followed by consequences, but none of them had led me to getting married! This was the most unconventional consequence I'd had to deal with!

When the two demons left, I turned around to look at a very worried Hyunjin. I hated seeing him like that, so I talked to him about ignoring the papers. We could get a divorce whenever he wanted. The papers meant nothing but protection for him. I didn't mind them one bit. My whole life I'd been forced into everything, and this was the first thing I was forced into that I didn't particularly hate..

The more seriously I rambled, the more his mood got spoilt, so I decided to tease him instead. "You know, I've always had that little girl's dream of getting married, but how come I can't get proposed to on one knee?"

The joke did NOT go as planned.

He actually got down on one knee.

I already started laughing when he cleared his throat and asked, "Isabelle Snow, will you do me the honor of-"

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" My eyes teared up from the amount of laughter. He was always going along with my humor.

"-Of being my girlfriend. Alright, cool. I was scared you'd reject me," he continued all too quickly.