With rage circulating in my blood, I chased after them with my car and walked out into the rain when they parked on the side of the road. I took out my anger, screaming and accusing them of suspecting me too much. They had every right to doubt my actions, but I had every right to take out my exponentially increasing frustration on something. Without heeding their words, I left them, driving straight to the hospital and not bothering to dry myself up.

What was the point of anything?

I was all alone in this world.

I sent Calvin a text, telling him that I had urgent work to take care of with Little Haven and couldn't see him. The detour somehow ended up being beneficial since I was too tired to face him. Ofcourse, Scarlett and Olivier kept following me to the hospital and Scarlett gave me a pathetic apology which was not even close to an apology.

I'd had enough.

I no longer wanted to see any breathing thing around me.

The hotel was my safe escape, but it still wasn't safe enough. When I arrived there, I began to prepare my luggage so I could move to another one. I did not want Calvin or his minions to find me.

While I was busy, I got a call from one of the four people I tolerated, them being my brother, Changbin, Hyunjin, and Minji.

It was Hyunjin this time, possibly my favorite after my brother.

Even though I could not stand people, I was curious to know why he was calling me, so I eventually picked up. Long story short, he appeared at my front door, helping me with packing so I could move out. He even carried more suitcases than I did.

It was the sweetest gesture.

Just by seeing his face, I had unconsciously gone back to smiling and joking around. He brought out the child in me, and I had yet to understand why.

I was weirdly beginning to feel drowsy and feeble. Carrying everything became harder and harder. His help was more needed than I'd imagined. After finally settling down at the new hotel, I lost composure and threw myself on the huge bed, feeling myself burn up.

I had a fever..

Hyunjin took off my mask which made me feel.. unarmed. It felt as though my scars, my facades, and all my hidden insecurities had come to light.

Along with my literal mask fell my figurative one.

Despite the defenseless feeling, a strange emotion had emerged. This one was more on the pleasant side. I was aware of how dangerous it could be to explore it deeper. His eyes spoke volumes as they searched my face, worried for my health. He covered my body and argued with me for not taking care of myself, then ran out, asking for a doctor.

As I stayed on the bed, waiting for his arrival, I asked myself what this feeling was. Why did this boy show me so much compassion? I hadn't even known him for long. He was treating me in a way I thought only miss Jade and my brother could.

When he returned, I was completely burnt out. My body was limp and I didn't want to feel a thing anymore. I even shamelessly exaggerated my whining just because I could. Instead of playing down the problem like I always had, I voraciously complained so he'd dote on me more. When else would I have such an opportunity?

He knew I was freezing, so he opened one of my suitcases, taking out a sweater he'd previously packed. This grown man delicately crawled onto my bed, holding my drooping shoulders and adding the extra layer on me. The weather might have been cold, but he felt warm enough. My pain didn't matter because it gave me an excuse to see this side of him.