'It was love at first sight!' Sarah quipped up.

'This isn't one of your books, Sarah.' Betty scolded, turning maroon.

'But it was. Books got the idea because it happens in real life! They met for six months after that - and then, just before he left - the Ring Scenery took place. Oh I was watchi-' then Sarah stopped, like she had just said something she was not supposed to. Alexandra's mouth fell open, in a wide, sly grin.

'You were watching?!' Betty said, standing up, wide-eyed, 'Sarah you were watching - Sarah - I will kill you!'

'I wasn't - I mean I was .. just a bit,' Sarah squeaked.

'Betty, you need weapons? I could provide you,' Alexandra said,

'None, Mabel! My bare hands are enough! Sarah! Where are you running to? Stop there! Wait!' She said, as Sarah ducked under the table, re-emerged and ran. Betty chased after her, right in tow.

'So, Mother Diana,' Alexandra said, taking an apple and biting into it, sitting opposite to her. 'How are you?'

'I'm good, dear. You look lean, don't you eaten well?' She asked, in a reply, with a motherly concern.

'I eat thrice a day as much as two people.' Alexandra clarified, 'Sometimes as much as three,' she added. She was wearing those loose robes that were called "nightwear", just because people slept in them - and they hung about half a feet away from her body. Despite that, Mother Diana having caught the exact physique, was impressive.

'Dear, dear! You'll get fat, Mabel!' She exclaimed, for now.

'I might - not that I care, I'll just be difficult to abduct.' Said Alexandra, and Mother Diana threw her head back and laughed.

Betty appeared just then, pulling Sarah by the ear. Apparently, the author was not the best of runners. 'Here's the criminal! Mabel, any suitable punishment?'

'Oh, I know of one,' Alexandra nodded, tossing the Apple core into the dustbin, she went and knelt down in front of Sarah. 'Hold her tight,' she removed Sarah's slippers,

'NO!' Sarah yelled, getting an inkling of what awaited her.

'Betty, hold tight!'

'Yes!' Betty agreed, getting an inkling herself. And Alexandra pulled off the slippers and rubbed the feather of her quill on poor Sarah's feet till she had reduced the girl to ragged breaths and a pool of tears.

'Tickling is first rate torture,' Alexandra informed. 'And that must have taught Sarah to not trespass on Betty and William next time.'

'Yes I got it!' Sarah accepted, from the ground. 'I swear I won't! But Betty - you didn't tell Mabel the biggest news!'

'Biggest news?' Alexandra asked, looking at Betty,

'It's - nothing.' Betty said, looking down instantly, like the thing was shameful. All revelry was forgotten in an instant.

'I'll tell you!' Sarah said, triumphantly. 'Betty's an heiress!'

Alexandra didn't feel anything when she heard that - curiosity? Maybe, but Betty seemed to be the exactly same person she had been more than six years ago. The words didn't have much of the desired effect, because Alexandra didn't press Betty about it. The Heiress would tell her the story when she felt up to it.

* * *