The New Student (Part 2)

After not sleeping comfortably on a sturdy wooden floor for two and a half years, Luz woke up feeling pain on the side she had been lying on. She got up, took a shower, brushed her teeth, kissed King goodbye, and walked out the door with Eda as Eda went on to sell potions. After Eda departed Luz, Luz stayed and waited to meet up with Willow. After 20 minutes, Willow had caught up to Luz.

"Are you excited?" Willow asked.

"Kind of. I'm still tired, but yeah, I guess you could say I'm eager to meet Amity." Luz answered.

"Well, I got more information on her! Here, Gus sent me a photo of her recently! He apparently had been following Amity for a few years on Penstagram, so he knew her username better than I did." Willow pulled up a recent photo of Amity and showed it to Luz. Amity had mint green hair as she did in the other picture but was taller and had longer hair than before. Her aura was of overwhelming confidence, and she was wearing a pink dress in the photo with a sly smile. This picture made Luz a bit more flustered, feeling a hint of red flushing to her face. Willow had noticed and smirked, "Aw, what? Is she your type?" She asked half-jokingly.

"She still seems pretty, uh, cool. But no, I'm not sure I would say she's my type." Luz looked down, the red on her face fading away while she laughed along with Willow about the question. Willow perked her head up, suddenly curious. 

"Actually, I don't think we've ever talked too much about that. Do you even have a type?" Willow asked. Luz looked at the ground and pondered for a moment, then looked back up, facing directly in front of them.

"Thinking about it, no, I don't think I've ever really had a type. I just like anybody if I like them. I've never found anything specific too attractive, but I am a sucker for the enemies-to-lovers trope in romance stories though I doubt that would happen to me. Still fun to think about it, though. What about you?" Luz got curious and responded to Willow with the same question.

"I don't have a type! I find some non-men attractive is all. But I haven't really figured out if I find specific traits attractive or not, so... I'd have to say I'm on the same page as you with that." Willow answered. They eventually made it to Hexside grounds and tried to look around for Amity. Neither of them had seen her outside, so they both decided to go inside and found her sitting by a locker near a student named Skara. She was wearing the uniform for the abomination track and was scrolling through her scroll in front of her locker. Luz stared in awe of the girl afar from them but then reminded herself, 'she's a student from Glandus. She might not actually be someone I can be fond of.' So Luz proceeded to look away. "Well, should we talk to her?" Willow asked.

Luz pondered. "I'm not sure. Let's wait throughout the day and maybe see how she treats the other students first." Willow nodded her head in agreement. Luz and Willow sat by their lockers and chatted until the bells rang, and they both almost departed to separate classes. Willow had already wandered off to her class, and Luz was running a bit slow with not many other students surrounding her. While walking, she had been looking down at the ground and bumped into somebody. The person immediately turned around aggressively.

"Watch where you're going next time." The girl said in a medium-toned voice. Luz looked up and had seen that it was Amity. She had seemed angry about getting bumped into and walked away from Luz. 

"Wow, rude much," Luz mumbled under her breath.  Luz's mind had become easily numb in a way that her thoughts and emotions were harder to control for a while, so she stayed silent for the most part. After a while, she had eventually gotten to her abominations class. As she walked in, she was immediately placed into shock and a hint of anger. Amity Blight had been placed a seat right next to hers. Luz sighed and walked to her seat hesitantly, avoiding Amity's eyes. She placed her stuff down on her desk near the wall and looked down, hoping she wouldn't be spoken to. While they still had a 5-minute break between classes, she all of a sudden heard a voice close to hers.