The New Student (Part 1)

Luz was walking with Willow from Hexside Magic School to her home, the owl house. Luz had considered Willow her best friend since she had been at Hexside though she's never felt a closer connection to Willow. Willow has always felt the same about Luz, being close friends and never anything more. They eventually had gotten back to the owl house; before departing, Willow exclaimed, "Hey! Make sure you text or call me tonight! I heard some recent news about a new Hexside student possibly, but I'm not too sure if it's true or not, but I think it'd be cool to talk about." 

"Alright, sounds cool. Talk to you later, Willow!" Luz responded, holding up a calmed peace sign with her hand while walking to Hooty. 

"Bye, Luz. Talk to ya later!" Willow waved and walked off. 

"Hi, Hooty," Luz said, her tone going down as she started talking.

"To enter, you must say the secret pass-" Hooty was interrupted by Luz kicking the door open. Hooty immediately squalled in pain after being kicked. Luz grinned as she saw Eda lying on the couch with King lying opposite of her. Eda had seemed to be reading on potions while King was napping. 

"Hi, Eda! Soooo, do you got anything you need me to sell around town for you?" Luz asked eagerly. 

"Sorry, kid, but I'd prefer if you went around town helping with that kind of thing on the weekends," Eda replied.

Luz's smile faded into a slight frown. She had been excited to get out of the house after school but remembered Willow asked her to call her later anyway. 

"Fine, I'll be up in my room working on spells and classwork if you need anything," Luz reassured Eda as she walked upstairs to her bedroom. 

"Alright, Luz! I'll let you know if I do need anything," Eda reassured her back.

Luz walked into her room, feeling bored and needing a distraction but had no distractions around her. She decided to go to her dusty desk made from acacia wood and do her classwork, getting easily unfocused and bothered by herself not being able to focus on what she was doing. After completing her abomination classwork, she practiced her paper glyphs to see if she had improved on any spells. Unfortunately, all the spells she had been practicing still seemed to be the same. The light spell seemed to be rather smaller than usual, but Luz paid it no mind. After a few hours of unsuccessfully practicing glyphs, she heard a ringing noise from her crystal ball sitting next to the books and messy papers on her desk.  She went to answer it, thinking it would be Willow and was right. 

"Hi, Willow. You said you wanted to talk about a new student coming to Hexside or something, right?" Luz asked Willow, reassuring herself that she had paid attention to what Willow had said.

"That's right! I figured out that it was true! I also think I may have found out who the new student is? It might be possible, but it might not be. I got some of this information from Gus and his dad." Willow exclaimed.

"Oh, really? Well... This is nice and all I but I don't think I get what's so special about this new student." Luz said in response to Willow.

Willow had a smile on her face that let Luz know that Willow was going to info-dump interesting stuff to her, so Luz sat her head down on her desk, prepping herself to listen to what Willow was going to say. 

"Okay, so, maybe this isn't exactly the kind of stuff you find interesting. But, I got curious and wanted to figure out more about this student. From what I learned, she's going to be coming from Glandus, our school's arch-nemesis! So she might be a stuck-up brat if anything, Glandus kids usually are." Willow laughed. Luz had started scratching her left hand lightly as she got more interested in the information about the new kid. Luz laughed a little bit with Willow.

"Do you think she'll be as much of a brat as Boscha is?" Luz asked jokingly.

"Oh, I have no clue, but if that were the case, Titan, that would be so tiring to deal with, honestly." Willow's laugh rested, and she continued with a smile on her face. "Her name is Amity Blight, and her parents are Odalia and Alador Blight. Sound familiar?" Luz perked her head up a little bit.

"Blight? Are they the ones that used to run Blight industries, but the emperor took their abominations due to, like, unknown reasons or something?" Luz asked, curiosity suddenly filling her head about the new student. 

"Yep! That would be them! They used to run the Blight Industries and showed off the abomination projects that Alador Blight had made! They used Amity as a test subject for most of their projects, so I doubt they were really that harmful. Any sane parent wouldn't actually hurt their kid like that. I think it would've been smarter if they at least hired a stunt which was more prepared for it, though." Willow paused. "I think there are some old streams of their projects still available to watch? The mom didn't do much except talk about the projects all fancy-like. Amity also has older siblings who are in college now. I think they used to be in Hexside while Amity was in elementary. I'm not too sure who her siblings are."

Luz had become invested in this story and had gotten all the more curious about Amity.

"Do you have any idea what she looks like? Also, if you can, can you send me some of the old project videos? I'm interested now! A new student with a weird backstory that isn't talked a lot about? I love that so much." Luz stimmed with her arms and hands a little bit while sitting up.

"Hm. I can probably try to find a picture of her for you. I found her penstagram earlier, and I'm not too sure I remember the name of it." Willow pulled up her scroll and started searching through it. Luz waited patiently while smiling and bouncing her leg. 

"Oh! Here you go, I found a picture of her! She used to try out in Grudgby, but she quit, so this is an old picture. I'll see if Gus can find a picture of her currently and send it to you if he does." Willow showed a picture of Amity in what appeared to be a sports uniform with green paint on her face that matched her mint green hair. Luz was able to tell that Amity seemed to be younger in the photo and didn't pay the photo much mind. 

"She looks cool. Do you know why she quit the sport?" Luz asked Willow.

"I don't know specifically why, but her very last round of grudgby, she got some of her teammates hurt on accident, and I'm guessing she didn't want to do something like that again, so she quit," Willow informed her. "I can't talk to Gus right now because he's busy, but tomorrow, if I can find a picture of her, we can walk together to school, and I'll show you a picture of her! So we'll be able to see her tomorrow anyway. Let's not get our hopes up though, remember, she's a Glandus student and has rich parents." Willow ranted on for a little bit. Luz and Willow continued to communicate until Eda and King had called Luz down for dinner. "Well, I have to go, Willow! I'll talk to you more tomorrow."

"Bye, Luz!" Willow disconnected, and Luz went downstairs to eat.