The Final Year At Hogwarts

Start from the beginning

I just looked down "And if he doesn't?"

"He will."

I looked up at him, his grey eyes gazing right into me. "I promise, you did after a while" 

I nodded 'Yeah, we'll see, I am going to postpone it as long as I can though." I laughed a little and he followed. It had become so easy to talk to him. "We better leave, I don't want to raise suspicion...you heard my mom at dinner" I laughed again

"Oh shut up," He said but laughed and opened the door for me, before I left I gave him a small kiss. It felt odd to show that we were dating, even if people weren't really around. "Love you"

He smiled "I love you too, you'll be okay, I promise." and then we went our separate ways. I slowly opened the door to my compartment and smiled slightly at Luna laying her head on Neville's shoulder, both still asleep. 

I sat across them, leaning against the window before falling asleep slowly.

-------

The jolt of the train woke me up abruptly, I tapped Luna and Neville to wake them up. "Hey we're here" Luna woke up slowly, yawning and getting up with a little stumble to her step.

We got out of the train and headed to the carriages, I spotted Draco and gave him a small wave before sitting down in the carriage. Neville looked between Draco and me "Are you two public now?"

I nodded "We told our parents, everyone but Lucius was pretty accepting. I cannot get him to like me, but that isn't the worse thing." I laughed a little and Neville smiled at me, he seemed a lot less tense after that.

"Well that's great, I'm happy for you Y/N," He said genuinely, I nodded "You and Luna had a good summer I assume?"

Neville nodded brightly "It was great.."He looked around at the school sadly "Hogwarts is a lot different now..."

I agreed "We'll fix it, this school isn't going down without a fight, that's what Harry did right?"

Luna spoke up "He's not here this year, how will we do it?"

I thought for a moment "Well, we can do it without him. The three of us can do anything."

There was a mutual agreement and the rest of the ride was planning what we would do. I knew that even if I couldn't fully participate, I could protect them.

---------

Hogwarts felt completely different, almost as if the warmness left with Dumbledore. It felt only even though there were hundreds of students, we all felt it.

We walked in a straight line to the Great hall, getting reprimanded every time we messed up even the smallest amount. 

 As we sat I noticed the new teachers, I had seen them in meetings, they were death eaters. I only noticed my first was clenched when Neville asked me if I was okay. I assured him I was but I knew it would be harder to protect them now.

I looked over at Draco who exchanged a sympathetic look, we both quickly looked up as Snape began to talk. 

I didn't care for what he had to say.

All I could think about was to bring D.A back, now would be a time we needed. I had already lost Spencer, I refused to lose Neville and Luna as well.

----------

I filled Neville in quietly as we walked to our dorms, he agreed and I told him he should be the new teacher he had grown a lot since his fifth year and was strong. After a long time of convincing, he finally agreed.

We said our goodbyes and I caught up to Luna's to our common room. It was the same but felt so different at the same time. Since we had other years in our room, it was only Luna and me now. 

We remained in the beds next to each other, because at least that could stay the same. I wanted to tell her everything, but I knew I couldn't. Not only were some things she didn't need to know, but we were also very tired. 

We got in our nightwear and got into bed. I looked over at her "Goodnight, I love you." I said, yawning halfway through.

She smiled "I love you too, have sweet dreams." She fell asleep soon after.

I couldn't sleep even though I was tired, I wished I had listened during the meetings so I could help my friends like I did Spencer. I sighed and leaned over to my trunk, pulling pictures out.

Blaise had taken a picture of Draco and me after a dinner, we were both dressed smart and were happy. Mini Draco and I were buzzing with happiness in the photo, I hung that one next to the one with the brooms. 

Another photo was of Neville and me on easter, secretly giving eggs to first years. It was my favorite photo of the two of us. 

The third was of Luna, Cho, and I, it was just a photo of us in the dorm room, we were playing a muggle game and I was losing terribly, the photo showed that.

And the last photo was of me and spencer sitting in the common room, reading. We were resting our feet on the coffee table in the same way, Luna had taken it and Spencer gave it to me before he left. I hung up all the photos and smiled.

 I was afraid for the future of Hogwarts but at least I had them. 

Word Count 1550