Reunited Part 2

I woke up to Jasmine stirring next to me, when I opened my eyes the room was bright, sunlight pouring in from the window. I must've forgotten to shut the curtains last night before bed, I pulled myself out of bed and shut them quickly, wiping my eyes in the process. I yawned, barely getting any sleep last night was really going to suck today. I pulled my hair into a messy bun and rinsed my face with cold water, washing it over the sink. I dried it with one of my wash cloths and tossed it in with my dirty laundry. I looked in the mirror behind me at Jasmine who was sitting up against the wall, wiping her own eyes. "How'd you sleep?" I asked, turning my attention back to my own face. I massaged moisturizer into my skin, turning around and leaning up against the sink.

Jasmine shrugged, "Good, still so sleepy though." She said, collapsing back down onto the mattress. I laughed at her and shook my head, pulling my hair down from the messy bun on top of my head. My wavy hair fell down my back and I raked my fingers through it. I handed Jasmine her tooth brush as she got up from the bed to get ready. I changed into clean teals and headed out into the unit, Ms. Miles came by opening the gate. Breakfast was going to be announced any minute, I said hi to the others and waited for Jasmine at the table. Once she was ready we all walked together to the cafeteria, Jasmine went up ahead to talk to Ali and Bea hung back, pulling me aside.

"How'd it go?" She asked, I glanced at her and sighed. "Not great, she's not very happy with me. Which I kind of expected... Bridget came to see her though." I said quietly, Bea nodded. "I'll talk to her.."

I shook my head, "No really, it's fine.. shes dealing with her own shit and I don't want to add to it. I'm okay." I said, lying through my teeth. Of course i'm not okay, watching her love someone else is a kind of pain I never wanted to experience. This is worse than when I broke up with her and she left. This is much worse. Bea gave me a sideways look, "Bullshit your not okay"

I rolled my eyes, "Please, don't say anything" She held her hands up in surrender, "Fine fine.. I won't. But does she know about Jasmine? Can't say that will go over well."

My eyes widened in realization, how did I forget about that. She has no clue about Jasmine. Oh fuck. "I didn't even think about that." I said, just as Jasmine walked up to us. "Think about what?" She asked, taking my hand into hers, entangling our fingers. "Nothing, just top dog talk" I said, smiling at her. She didn't press about the topic knowing Bea and I were close, Bea just raised her eyebrows at me and threw her arm around Allies shoulders as we all walked into the cafeteria.

I was praying that Franky didn't happen to be in there when we walked in and thankfully she wasn't. We got our food and all sat down at our normal table. We talked about random stuff, laughing together. I leaned forward, laughing at something Bea had said. Jasmine stuck to my side, her hand not leaving my thigh. I was shocked at how touchy she was being today, she wasn't normally like this, it's almost like she knew Franky is here.

Jasmine leaned closer, bringing her lips just below my ear and pressed a kiss to my skin. I wasn't quite sure what had gotten into her but I went along with it. I gave her a small smile as my cheeks flushed slightly pink at the gesture.

"Hey, there's Franky!" Boomer said, pointing to the line. I turned to look and our eyes instantly made contact, I knew she had seen the entire exchange. Her expression was blank yet I could see the jealousy hidden in her green eyes. Her gaze didn't falter once as she held eye contact with me. I had to force myself to look away. I glanced at Bea and she was already staring, glancing between the two of us. "Franky over here!" Boomer said, waving her arm. I was silently cursing at myself and Boomer.

Franky made her way over and sat directly across from Jasmine at the table. The table was silent and as Boomer looked around at us, I think she finally realized how awkward it was. Franky stuck her hand out to Jasmine, "Haven't met you before, I'm Franky." She said, forcing a smile to her face. I could tell it wasn't genuine, but Jasmine had no idea. She shook her hand, "I'm Jasmine, you look familiar.." She said trailing off trying to remember where she's seen her before.