Chapter 9

{Tris POV}

I wake up the next day on the floor, all cried out. I want to believe Tobias, but the story doesn't seem right to fit with his story. I know what he is like when he is drunk, and I know how much he drinks, so it is a possibility that what Kayleigh is saying is true.

But Tobias looked so confused, like he had never seen her before. What if I am just mad at nothing and he really is telling the truth?

I groan and stand up. Why is being in a relationship so hard? Why did I have to fall in love?

Today I decide that I am going to call in sick, because I can't stand seeing Tobias yet, even if he is telling the truth.

After I call in sick, I sit on the couch and pull a blanket over me, and start getting good sleep. I have only slept in my bed once since I moved in this house, when I was sick.

I don't even know if Tobias and I are still together even. The thought of us being done brings tears to my eyes.

I want to be but I don't know what to believe anymore. I don't know how well a relationship can be if there isn't enough trust.

After thinking for a while, my eyes start to droop a little and I fall asleep.

+++

I wake up, sweating. I had another nightmare that I can't remember. Tears pour out of my eyes when I think of the nightmare. In this one, I could see the shape of a head but I don't know what it was doing. It was blurry and that was all.

I sit up and hold my now pounding head. Everytime after a nightmare, my head hurts really bad. I don't know why.

Someone knocks on my door and I get up to answer it. Kayleigh stands at my door and before I even know what is happening, she knocks me out.

+++

{Tobias POV}

I decide to go talk to Tris. I don't care if she doesn't want me to, she needs to know that this Kayleigh girl could be dangerous.

When I walk out of my apartment, Tris' door is open and there is some blood by the door. I start to panic and I run inside of her apartment and see everything normal, except for the blood by the door.

"TRIS!" no answer. I look everywhere for her in her house and I can't find her anywhere.

I run out of the apartment and run to Zeke and Uriah's apartment.

I pound on the door and a sleepy Zeke and angry Uriah open the door.

"What?" they both yell.

"Tris is missing and there is blood by her doorpost." I say and their eyes widen.

They pull on shirts and we run to the control room.

We pull up the footage from last night till now, by her apartment.

It shows her crying and my heart breaks, but I know that I have to focus. It shows me coming to her house and sitting outside of her door and all of that drama. Nothing else happens for the night and then this morning's footage comes on.

The Kayleigh imposter knocks on the door and Tris answers, then "Kayleigh" knocks her out and punches her, then takes her away.

What the heck? Who is this Kayleigh person and why did she just do that to Tris?

"We need to find out where she took Tris." I say.

They nod and we follow the footage. It shows her going to Peter's apartment and him smiling, they drag her in and that is where the footage ends.

We get up and get knives and guns, then run to Peter's apartment.

{Tris POV}

When I wake up again, I am chained to the wall and smart and ache everywhere.

I look around for a weapon so that I can maybe get away, but there is nothing and the door opens, reavealing my captors.

+++

HAHA Cliffhanger!

Who all do you think was involved? Comment what you think.

Comment and Vote

~Kelsi