Chapter 3

I smile when I wake up the next day, wrapped in Tobias's warm arms. Never in a million years did I expect to have a boyfriend that I can wake up like this with.

Tobias smiles back at me and we kiss. I sit up and scratch my head. My hair is so frizzy and looks so bad.

"Your hair is so frizzy Tris." I laugh.

"Thanks for stating the obvious." I say and he laughs again.

I get up and walk over to my bag.

"You look so good in my clothes." he says and I laugh.

"Thanks?"

I grab a tank top and some black skinny jeans and then walk into the bathroom.

When I get in there, I brush my teeth and my frizzy hair. Then I change into my clothes and add a little bit of makeup, then walk back out to his bedroom and strap on my combat boots.

I am cold and I haven't really bought a jacket yet and I don't feel like changing, so I go ask him for one and he gives me his other one.

It is really warm and smells like him.

Once I put it on, I walk back out to the kitchen and Tobias and I eat some food.

"So do you know what job you want?" he asks me.

"I was thinking Dauntless Ambassador?"

"That job sounded so cool when I was picking, but then I thought of Marcus. But the job sounds awesome for you. You would get to see your parents a lot, and possibly your brother."

"Well I could care less about Caleb. The last time I saw him, he acted like a traitor so I would rather never talk to him again, but my parents are a different story. So I will probably pick Dauntlass Ambassador."

He nods and we finish eating breakfast and then walk to the cafeteria.

When we get there, we go sit with his friends and, suprisingly, my friends are there too. I really hope that his friends will accept me and my friends because it will be pretty awkward.

"Good morning." Marlene says and I smile at her.

"Good morning." I say back.

We all start talking and then a microphone squeals from across the room.

I look over and see Eric, again, tapping the microphone.

"Will all of the new members come up to the stage and line up the way that they were ranked."

We all get up and walk to the stage, and, since I was first, I stand at the first microphone.

"You will say what job you want and then we will give you the keys to your new apartment, so if you are going to live with someone, tell us when we get to you."

He looks at me and I step up.

"Dauntless Ambassador." My voice booms through the cafeteria.

Everyone else goes and then the apartment time comes.

Max gives me the keys to my apartment and on it is the number 1046. Tobias' apartment number is 1047 so I am right next to him.

After I get my key, I walk over to Tobias and wait for Christina.

Marlene, Lynn, Christina, Shauna, and me are all going shopping, since I need clothes and so does Christina and everyone except Lynn and I love shopping.

Once Chris gets her key, we all head to the stores.

First, we go to the clothing store. We split up and I go to the pants section.

I get 5 yoga pants, 7 skinny jeans, 3 pairs of sweats and 4 shorts. Then I go to the shirt section.

I get 7 long sleeved shirts, 7 short sleeved shirts, 2 black sweatshirts and 2 jackets.

Next, I go to the undergarments section and get 5 different pairs of lacy undergarments and then regular undergarments.

I grab two robes, one white and fuzzy, the next purple and fuzzy.

I also get some dresses.

I pay and then we head to the shoe store and I get flats, sandals, and tennis shoes.

We all walk home and I walk in and my jaw drops.

The living room walls are a dark shade of red and a black couch facing a fireplace, with a huge flat screen above the fireplace.

The floors are a black wood.

I walk into my kitchen and there are silver, fancy appliances in it.

My bedroom has dark purple walls with a king sized bed in the middle with black sheets and a purple blanket draped at the end of it.

The bed faces a fireplace that has another flat screen across from it.

My bathroom is huge and has a huge bathtub and a walk in shower.

I put all of my stuff in the closet and where they go and then go sit down on the couch.

Pretty soon I feel my eyes droop and then sleep overtakes me.