Wakas

REVEZAR AAMIR CAMPORAZZO

WAKAS

One one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand....

I was counting the seconds while I was going high up in the air. Pushing through the buttons, I got lost in my thoughts. I found myself staring at the white clouds ahead and saw the memory of her.

Ada. Ada. Ada.

The Ada that my brother adored. The Ada that became my ticket to leave that place. The girl that has been on my mind, ever since I left for my dreams with a heavy heart. I smiled unknowingly as her image embrace my thoughts. My heart pounded not from the pressure of the machine that I was controlling but because I still remember her. Vividly. Every details of her is still clear on my mind. That if I quit on thinking of her, I might as well stop breathing.

She was adored by everyone in the farm. Adamaris Segovia. Maliit, madaldal, at suplada. I can't help but wonder how this little girl became my brother's best friend. She never even liked me the very first time we met. Ang tanging kinamayan ay ang kapatid ko dahil masungit ako.

My brother was delighted to have her. It was like he had a total change of personality. He wasn't as friendly as me. At school, Isidore chooses his friends well. Madalang kong makita na maraming kasama sa school, hindi tulad ko na halos kaibiganin na ang lahat. My brother is gentle and kind-looking, just like my mother, while I take after my father. Back when Dad was younger, people call him adventurous and friendly. Parang katulad ko raw. Maybe that's was the reason why I was dad's favorite because I followed through his tracks and footprints. Hindi mapagkakailang anak nga ako ng isang Julio Camporazzo.

Even after days of being with them, Adamaris was still as unfriendly as the first time I met her. Adamaris Segovia, but prefers her name to be A-da and not Eyda. Minsan ay napapatawa na lang ako sa sariling kalokohan. What did even crossed my mind to mess with her? Baka kasi madali lang siyang pikunin at istorbohin kaya gan'on? Nevertheless, Ada can actually make my day feel lighter and funnier.

"Are you scared, Little Ada?" I challenged her in my shout. Naroon lang naman siya kay Sid. Walang balak sumakay.

"Hindi!" I smirked at her response. There she goes.

"Then, hop on." I insisted.

Umayaw siya at sinabing baka ihulog ko pa. Ganoon na ba ako kasama sa kaniyang paningin at naisip niya iyon? Little girls.

"Ada, we'll go to the small creek just at the end of the farm. Maiiwan ka dito at baka matagalan kami ni Kuya roon. Pwede kang sumama na lang sa amin." My brother explained. Nakatanaw lang ako sa kanilang dalawa at naghihintay ng desisyon. It wasn't that sunny so it's okay to wait.

"Okay lang talaga, Isidore. Pwede ko naman kayong hintayin na lang." I heard her say.

Hindi ko na nakayanan ang paghihintay. I maneuvered my horse towards them.

"Come on. Hop on here. Hindi kita ihuhulog. As long as you don't do anything." I seriously said. Baka isipin pa nito ay nagsisinungaling ako. Although, I wasn't really lying. Hindi ko naman talaga siya ihuhulog dahil mapapagalitan ako.

"Wala naman akong ginagawa sa'yo!"

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever."

I caught a whiff of her scent as the wind blew softly. Her scent gives off countryside memory, like the farm. Strands of her hair danced lightly with the air and I can't help but feel amazed that her hair...could make me part my lips. How can I even imagine the farm just by sniffing?

Gumalaw si Aspen kaya agad kong hinawakan ang kaniyang tali. Ada held my  thighs that her grip felt painful. Napakagat-labi ako dahil sa higpit. Despite her sweet scent, she's still a baby cub. Matapang kahit maliit.