Chapter 8: The Path of Explosion and The Dullahan

Start from the beginning

(Y/N): But it's also true that you can't compare lettuces to cabbages.

Kazuma: Is it? I wouldn't know.

Aqua: I went through a lot of trouble, so do something! 

Aqua turned to you and was coming to your table.

Kazuma: Oh, she's coming this way. This isn't good.

Aqua: *Skips happily* Ka-zu-ma-san! How much was your reward for our last quest?

Kazuma: Well...one million.

Darkness/Aqua/Megumin: One million!? 

Kazuma: Many of the changes I harvest were apparently packed with lots of XP. I guess high luck makes all the difference.

Aqua: Kazuma, I've thought of this for quite some time, but you're...fairly cool, you know?

(Y/N): (Now that's a cringe attempt.)

Kazuma: If nothing praiseworthy about me comes to mind, don't force it.

That's when Aqua started to tear up and began begging.

Aqua: Kazuma! I thought my reward for this quest would be very hefty, so I used up all the money I had! In fact, I expected to rake in a sum of money, so I have a bar tab of nearly 100,000 Eris! 

Kazuma: What do I care?! You're the one who suggested that we must keep our rewards to ourselves! That was because I thought I'd be the only one raking it in! You're real scum!

Aqua: Please, lend me money! I need just enough to pay for my tab! 

Kazuma: Shut up, you useless goddess!! I'm using this money to escape life in the stables once and for all!!

Aqua: That's not fair! (Y/N), how much money did you two earn from our last quest!?

(Y/N): Well...ten million, to be fair.

Aqua/Darkness/Megumin/Kazuma: Ten million!?

Jack: Yes, ten million. 

Kazuma: How the hell did you get ten million!?

(Y/N): Well, I mean, Jack and I fought all of the Cabbages and also captured a lot of them, thanks to Jack's versatility as an assassin and my Super Speed, which I managed we managed to receive ten million Mora- I mean, Eris!

Megumin & Darkness: Ooh~

Aqua: (Y/N), can you please give me some money? Please~?

Aqua begged while kneeling in front of you.

(Y/N): Well, I was about to. Hold on, give me a second...

You said as you pulled out a sack of Eris inside your magic pocket and gave it to Aqua.

(Y/N): Here you go, inside that sack of Eris contains one million Eris.

Aqua: Wow! Thanks, (Y/N)!

(Y/N): Uh-huh, just be grateful that I'm generous enough to give you. 

Aqua: We're the greatest party ever!

Kazuma: Sure do.

Kazuma said sarcastically.

-The Next Day-

Within the next day, Kazuma arrived and was now wearing a typical adventurer's outfit consisting of a gold-trimmed green mantle, white shirt, pants, and leather boots.