CHAPTER FIFTY

Anxious, I was impossibly anxious today

Anxious, I was impossibly anxious today. My blood ran cold, chilling me from the core until the tips of my fingers. The air felt suffocating enough to asphyxiate a grown man. My face paled and those once rosy cheeks seemed deflated, succumbed to the woes of despair and doubts. What was I supposed to do? What could I do in a situation like this? I had never come across something trivial yet wreaking of deathly embarrassment.

"Just pick one" Kurenai nudged me, startling me in the process as the colorful lacy red bra fell from my hands. I had requested the red-eyed Jonin accompany me on my quest to find some nice dress for the occasion. She agreed instantaneously saying how much she missed going out, doing simple chores with her girlfriends but most of them either were married, moved to a different nation for work or died in action. I did not know what it felt like missing friends but Kurenai was the only woman I knew in my life, someone I was comfortable and friends with. 

"I thought I could pick just one but I don't even know what he likes. And there are so many colors to chose from that ~"

"He is a man, as long as he gets to see you naked he will be happy so, PICK ONE" she motioned at the red bra on my hand and the see-through blue one on hers.

"They are all so pretty and I am worried they won't look good on me"

"Why don't you try both? I will be the judge of what looks good on you"

"Sure?"

"Positive" reluctantly, I took both lingerie sets on my hands and walked towards one of the empty changing rooms. I slithered out of my summer dress and unhooked my bra. My baby bump was not showing yet, Dr. Koi had said it would take a while for the bump to show and even complimented on my babies' chakra saying they had an impressive amount that could be felt. Sadly, under Tsunade-sama's order Dr. Koi could not continue my treatment until the end of pregnancy. I blew out a frustrated breath and wore the set, fixating my eyes on the crevices that carried marks, uneven tones but also contemplating on the future stretch marks that will crack through my skin.

"Are you done?"

"Hai! Hai!" Kurenai pulled apart the curtain and watched me with wide eyes. I turned around pursing my lips uncomfortably. Compared to me, Kurenai had better body and nicer curves, I could only imagine how flexible she was.

"Hmm, if I was man I would definitely like those panties"

"I thought you said men don't care as long as they get to see us naked"

"True but maybe it's just me who likes the panties more than the red bra. Try the blue ones and then I can make a decision"

"Alright" I took the blue set from her hand and pulled down the curtain to hide myself. Never before had my body been the reason of my insecurity. But now, in the presence of Kurenai- her toned arms and flat stomach, my body looked equivalent to a sack of potatoes. All those unhealthy snacking for the past months had finally gotten to my body. "I am done" once again, Kurenai barged inside to check but like before, her eyes seemed skeptical. There was something the woman did not like and I could sense it the way she kept on eyeing the bra, touching its laces and then pursing her lips tightly as if in deep thought. "Well what do you think?"