Calls From Unknown Numbers

Start from the beginning

"the parathas were so delicious, it was you who made that right?"

"how did you guess?" I asked him.

"out of anything I can say what is made by you....because in that food, lots of love will also be there" I blushed. "come on, I am very tired lets sleep" we slept.

The next day, zafar again went out for some work. 'I think I am forgetting something' I thought to myself. OH NO! I had to say zafar about the calls!! I thought it would be better if I would wait for evening when he'll return. Obviously this isn't a thing to tell in texts or on call. I was just engrossed in my thoughts when my phone started ringing. THERE WAS ANOTHER UNKNOWN CALL FROM A DIFFERENT NUMBER!! I took my phone and observed the number 'should I pick or not? pick or not?' I finally decided to pick it. "is this hafsa?" a male voice spoke in the call.

"who are you?" it's always wise to inquire who the person is then telling him about yourself.you never know who it will be.

"you don't remember me?" dude how can I remember you! who are you even?! "it's Adil!!"the male voice spoke.

It was Adil! my college mate!

"is it the same Adil I know?" I asked out of excitement

"yes yes the same! I am glad you remember!"

"where have you been? how are you?! how did you get my number?"

"calm down calm down...I can't answer all that at once. I am fine alhamdulillah, how are you?"

"alhamdulillah I am also fine"

"I heard you married"

"yeah that's true, ammi abba must've told you"

"exactly! aahh I can't wait to see you, let us meet somewhere!"

"good idea! where can we? or you do a thing...come at my parents house. We will meet there and bring your family along with you too!"

"sounds like a good idea,let's do it"

"when am I supposed to make this acquaintance?" I giggled at his style of saying 'acquaintance'

"lets do this weekend, zafar will also be free"

"woah! who's zafar?" I could feel the mischievousness in his voice

"oh I forgot to tell...he's my husband"

"oh right!" he laughed on which I frowned with a slight smile "now I am even more excited"

"then let's meet this weekend"

we said each other byes and cut the call. It felt so good talking to an old friend after a long time. wait! I again feel like I'm forgetting something! is something on stove? I better go check.

zafar's POV

I have been looking in the laptop again and again to see what was happening there at sadiq's place. He was struggling to get free from those ropes but I wouldn't let him go free until he says me all the truth. I drove my car to his block. I saw the security guards there as usual and there was no sign of abrar.
I texted him.

I walked in and saw Sadiq was quite tired and lethargic.
'water water' he was saying in his whispers.
I gave him a sip of water.

"why did you give me water?" sadiq asked surprisingly

"so that you say me the truth. Tell me everything now and I'll let you go"

"there's no way I am gonna do that"

As he said that, I got up and gave him a hot slap and walked out. Every time I see that man, my blood boils but still I gave him water and behaved nice but he doesn't deserve it. I was pissed off.
Why am I wasting my precious holidays on this man? I didn't think of it.. I should be with hafsa... I left her all alone... I am so bad but not so bad because I am protecting my wife.
I drove back to home to see a happy hafsa sitting with dadi and ammi with a big wide smile. I sat with them and hafsa was telling something to them.
"I am so happy...I can't believe this you know"
"you will have a lot of fun, dear" dadi said.

"what were you talking about with dadi and ammi?"

"yeah I have to tell you that. My very old friend who was my college mate contacted me today. He said he will be coming at my parents house in the weekend so we are also going there"

"oh that's nice" even though I didn't like the idea of hafsa having a male friend.

"and there's one more thing I have to say you" she said with her face alarmed and serious

"yeah sure go on"

"since yesterday I've been receiving calls from an unknown number.... I actually forgot to say you but after I spoke to adil, again I got a call from that number so....."

"ohh don't worry just ignore it... If you get those calls again, tell me.. I'll get your number changed"

"the strange thing is no one talks when I receive it"

"you picked up the call?!"

"yeah..." she said shrugging

I looked away, hitting my forehead and laid on the bed. I felt hafsa hovering over me. "tired?" she asked. "yeah, a lot" she smiled, her face buried in my neck.. I could feel her breath. I put my hands on her back drawing circles, feeling here smiles and her moving hands on my chest. "you know what?" I asked her. She looked at me, twitching which made her eyebrows meet.
"whenever you are near me, I don't care whatever happens because you are with me and I just want to be with you...you are my everything... My everything"
She giggled and kissed on my neck.

Indeed, you are my everything.