You stayed curled with your knees pulled to your chest, too afraid to do anything.

You buried your face in your hands like a small child, as if it would instantly get rid of everything happening around you, your pulse screaming in your ears.

What happened next happened so fast you could literally not see it.

There was a sound of shuffling of fabric, followed by a loud cracking filling the air along with a strangled, agony-filled cry from Hallie.

You snapped upwards to see her now on the ground with a bloody nose of her own, the knife she had been wielding laying beside her and something, or someone else towering above her.

They stood with their back turned at you and all you could make out was pitch black, dark and tattered robes nearly reaching the floor along with black work boots peeking out from underneath.

You heard the crack of their knuckles as they had their covered fingers laced together with their arms stretched out straight in front.

Hallie looked like her soul almost left her body at the stare she was given from under the mask and although she couldn't see it, it could be classified as a death glare.

No muscle in your body seemed to work as they felt your gaze and turned to face you directly, staring back down at you a little longer than necessary from underneath the ghostly white mask that had small speckles of crimson on it.

The mask tilted a little downwards as if checking on you, and you swore you saw the person's hands curl into balls.

Your jaw nearly dropped to the floor for the umpteenth time and you wince when he crouched down, wrapping a muscular and secure arm around you before lifting you back up to your feet with ease.

"Get out, angel."

Their words struck you blind. It definitely didn't sound the same as the Ghostface you faced earlier.

This voice sounded way more intimidating and way less playful.

Whoever it was turned back around, more than ready to play with their plaything that was already desperately whimpering and calling out your name for help.

For a second it was like everything else around you blurred and you couldn't force your eyes away, feeling paralyzed from head to toe.

After several more agonizingly slow seconds dragged on, you managed to jerk yourself out of your trance-like state and backed away, knowing you wouldn't be able to stomach watching what was about to happen as you were still trying to recover from your initial shock.

Over the good few minutes you had to process this, on top of the fact that your ex boyfriend and best friend were two killers, that hollow, all consuming torture that engulfed your insides had washed into something different.

One of the decorative walls that trapped you before started to slowly rise and demanded your attention.

Once you finally willed your feet to move, you picked up a noise that rang in your ears and twisted your stomach, making you stop dead in your tracks again.

You heard the blood chilling crack that ran through the air— it was the snap of bone mixed with Hallie's harrowing gurgled scream that left her mouth.

It kept replaying over in your mind and while she deserved every little bit of this, you still felt as if your heart was being ripped apart with each and every howl of pain she let out.

You could hear her choking and coughing on the ground, making you want to scream yourself but it was just lodged in your throat.

All of it was happening in the span of a few minutes but it felt never ending, and all you could do was cover your mouth.

It was the sound of a blade piercing flesh that zapped your brain and body into action.

You basically thrusted yourself through the exit door and slammed it shut behind you like you were running away from a grenade about to explode.

With your mind set on making it out of the theatre as fast as your legs could possibly carry you, you didn't pay attention to one of the side doors opening and with a shriek you bumped straight into someone as you both hit the floor at the same time. "Shit. (Y/N)?!"

"Gale...?" She looked just as miserable as you did. Her clothes were torn and bloody and her hair disheveled. Her eyes were red and glossed over from crying and she looked like she was about to faint.

You'd never seen her that way before. Scared and vulnerable like a little girl, the exact opposite of what she always presented herself to be.

Your eyes were still burning from your emotions that were going all over the place mixed with the aftershocks of the sounds playing in your head from what you just witnessed.

You quickly pulled yourself back up to your feet and helped her up as well. "We gotta get going! The killers–"

"We need to go back for Dewey!"

"Dewey is dead, Gale!" You shouted in frustration, stress and anger scratching at your hoarse voice, your chest rising and falling. "I saw him. Now let's go."

"What?" Her voice dropped to almost a whisper like she was making sure she wasn't hearing things.