Chapter 7

Today appeared to be the day Mickey Altieri decided to kidnap you.

No, literally.

He knew you were under a lot of stress lately and had basically taken you hostage, refusing to take 'no' for an answer. Hallie's stubbornness must have rubbed off on him, or maybe it was the other way around.

Either way, it was surprisingly hot today, especially inside the car.

The wheels were running along the road and Mickey was in the driver's seat, bobbing his head and tapping his fingers on the steering wheel to the beat of the music playing on the radio, which was some kind of rock song.

You were in the passenger's seat, trying not to sweat your eyebrows off. Even with the windows rolled all the way down, the dampness on your forehead made some strands of (H/C) hair stick to your skin.

God knew how your bodyguards could stand the heat in those tight suits of theirs.

Mickey had taken you to watch a movie and it was around 1 PM by the time the car rolled to a stop near the familiar scenery of the campus, all the way to the back.

While you had been strongly opposed to the idea at first, it turned out to be a pretty decent day, far better than the one before.

Finally you got out and hopped onto the sidewalk, followed by your little entourage of men.

It was quite the sight for onlookers. A girl of 20 with one male friend beside her matching her steps, and two large men only few meters trailing behind.

Your feet dragged you across the stone as you walked with slightly slumped shoulders. No matter how distracted he managed to get you, your thoughts always 180'd back to the same things.

Mickey, on a rare occasion, hadn't been trying to tease or flirt with you so far.

Instead, he proved himself to be a formidable listener as you vented about everything that happened from Woodsboro up til now.

Of course, there was the 'you got me, your prince in shining armor to protect ya', but aside from that, he tried to stay serious.

Though, you didn't mention your break up with Derek just yet, thinking it to be too soon.

As you kept walking underneath the shadows of the trees, your stomach suddenly let out the largest rumble ever.

It made your eyes widen in emberrassment and out of your peripheral vision, you already spotted the slight smirk arising on Mickey's face.

He had his mouth already opened to make a comment, but you muttered something under your breath before he could. "Not a word, Altieri."

By the time late afternoon arrived, you were working on a project at the library inside one of the college's buildings.

More specifically, the part of the library that was sectioned off exclusively for computer use. It consisted of thirty to forty cubicles that housed PCs, one of which you were sitting at.

The place was packed, every cubicle already occupied. Your two police guards were somewhere closeby, wandering up and down the rows to keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary.

You were typing feverishly and focused until the screen started flashing and beeping.

Puzzled, you clicked your tongue and tried to make it stop, but to no avail.

Leaning back in your chair, you folded your arms in front of yourself and turned to the guy sitting next to you, clearing your throat. "Excuse me? Did your computer just freeze?"