20

Comment & vote

𝚆𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝙶𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚜

"Clear the room, we have a patient with a faint pulse

"Clear the room, we have a patient with a faint pulse. Her Mother and friend believes she overdosed. Her name is Sevyen Keyah Lennox." I heard faintly looking up at the bright light that seemed to move fast.

"Sevyen? Can you hear me?" I blinked slowly before it started to go dark around me and then I saw. . .nothing.

"She's fading! Quick we need to pump her stomach!" The doctor yelled at his team who as fast as possible grabbed everything needed to hopefully save Sevyen's life.

"My baby!" Lydia screamed crying watching the doctors roll her into the surgery room.

"Ma'am you can't go back there!" A nurse said as gently as possible. Azariyah who was fighting his own emotions pulled Lydia back and into his arms allowing the nurse to close the doors for the operation.

"Oh God." Lydia weeped harder than she ever did before. The last time she sobbed this hard was losing her son, but even then this time, she was crying harder for her daughter. "Please God. Don't let her go." Lydia felt like she was going numb and had it not been for Azariyah, she would've fell.

"They've got her," Azariyah said his voice cracking whilst trying to convince himself at the same time as he took her to the seating area.

Lydia cried as she reminisced on finding Sevyen unconscious in her bathroom, with little to no pulse. Only for Azariyah to have shown up as well not having a good feeling in stomach so he came to check on her.

"Sevyen, I'm home!" Lydia called placing her keys down.

"I got off early! I was hoping we could have a girls night! We haven't done that in awhile." Lydia continued while walking through getting suspicious because of no response.

"Sevyen?" Lydia questioned again seeing the bathroom light on and she slowly peeked in only to gasp, jumping slightly and slamming the door open.

"Sevyen! Sevyen! Can you hear me?" Lydia crouched in the bath tub trying to shake her awake. "Sevyen! Wake up!" She screamed checking her pulse before frantically trying to get her out the bathtub.

"Miss Lydia, Sevyen?!" Azariyah called, he truly didn't have a good feeling and picked the lock to enter the apartment only to hear screaming and running to where it came from seeing Lydia struggling to get Sevyen's near lifeless body up.

Azariyah stood there shocked for a brief second to see someone becoming so important to him on the brink of death.

"I got her, I got her," He quickly went to help and lifted Sevyen with a slight struggle before the two rushed out the apartment and to his car to race to the hospital.