ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 41

Start from the beginning

"The Notebook, really?" he scoffs and looks at me with a raised eyebrow before asking, "What about you? What's your favorite book quote?"

"Just keep swimming." I answer him, looking into his grey eyes that I grew used to, that I love to lose myself in his storm of emotions.

"That's not from a book, it's from Finding Nemo." he says laughing. A smile formed on my lips as I realized that he has never read one of my favorite books.

'It ends with us'.

flashback over

"What are you doing?" Gio asks as he enters the library. I look at him standing on my tip-toes trying to reach a book.

"I'm cooking a lasagna. What does it look like, dumbass?" I replied rolling my eyes.

"What did you just call me?" he asks angrily glaring at me.

"Best brother ever, that's what I called you." I quickly say deciding that maybe annoying Gio is not a good idea. He can be scary when he wants to.

He comes my direction and looks at the book that I was trying to reach before looking back at me. "Pride and Prejudice?"

"Yes, do you have a problem with it?" I struggle trying to take the book so I can read it. But it was no avail. Is he just going to stand there and not help me?

"What is in this book that you like so much?" again he ignores my struggle and just stand there looking at me expecting an answer.

"It's not about what I like in it but what moment it reminds me of and how especial it is for me." I shrugged my shoulders. "Aren't you going to help me?"

"Nah." he turns around leaving me on the library alone. I look at the door from where he left in disbelief.

Did he just-

Ughh.

I try for a few more minutes to reach the book, but because of my height I couldn't so I gave up. I was hungry after my work out trying to reach the book so I decided to go eat something.

I make my way to the kitchen passing through the silent hallways, everyone is doing their own things. After we dealt with Ashley and Brittany, everyone went their own ways and did their own things. It was not their death had affected us, they were bitches— respectfully.

Reaching the kitchen I'm met with the sign of Antonio stuffing his mouth with chips. As he hears me entering, he looks at my direction chewing his chips loudly and I just glare at him. He stops chewing as a look of fear crosses his features.

"What you doing?" he asks with his mouth full of food. I gag as he spits some of his chewed chips on the table.

I live with pigs.

"Can you chew less loudly and not talk with your mouth full of food?" I ask with a look of disgust. He looks at me with a boyish grin which only made me angrier as I could see the food on his mouth.

I sit on the other side of the kitchen island and bounce my feet back and fourth thinking about what I could eat. There were a diversity of things in this house, but I'm too indecisive.