Suddenly, Hallie came to life behind you, reaching out and grabbing you, causing you to nearly jump out of your skin.

You spun around to find her breaking out in a torrent of giggles, a triumphant look looming over her usually soft features. "Paaaiinnn... Yah, such pain... The story of your life, (Y/N)."

You stared out in mortal shock and didn't say a word as Hallie cut herself down from the wall with a big hunting knife and your face dropped at the same rate that your stomach did.

All this time...

"Need some help, honey?"

"I got it."

Honey.

Your eyes went back and forth between the two as the sick feeling engulfing your body increased, your chest tightening with every painful breath.

The male crossed his arms over his chest. "You should really see your face right now, (Y/N). It's doing some freaky shit."

Derek wasn't wrong. Your face must look tortured because the split second he said that, you felt your heart crack that deep it was ringing in your ears.

Hallie grinned at you sadistically, cocking her head as she kept her voice eerily placid. "Yeah, you look quizzical yet pensive."

You would give anything to punch that look clean off her face, weren't it for your already burning and red knuckles from the beating you gave Derek just earlier.

"Yeah, how can we help? Do you have any questions regarding the sequel of your life?"

You stared them down, swallowing as you fight to choke out one single word over your lips. "Why?"

"Good question. You took the bait," Derek met your eyes, all ounce of friendliness draining out of his face and you felt like you got been kicked in the guts again.

The two circled around you, taking turns in filming you with the camera. Your pulse started to pump faster in your body with each word that reached you.

"We met on the internet."

Hallie giggled and pressed her hands sweetly to her face, appearing as if she was reliving the memories. "He sent me the cutest e-mail."

"I read her postings on the horror movie chat boards and fell hopelessly," Derek kept speaking, his voice becoming thicker the longer he continued, his lovey dovey eyes falling on her as he did. "We have our own website now. We dedicated a whole page to you."

Your eyes felt like they were set ablaze. Just the idea of the people closest to you doing this was already enough to cripple you but the fact they sounded so cheerful about it chilled you to the core.

Each word they spoke felt lashed across your back with a whip, and they only cut deeper the more they continued.

"You'd be amazed at how many of us there are out there. It's a whole world, (Y/N). You're really popular amongst the demented," Derek clicked his tongue and shook his head.

"You're the one who got away. Until now," Hallie cooed, giving you the fakest smile you could of ever seen her with.

"You're not getting away with this," you sobbed in a single breath, feeling your heart split the second the only words you could struggle out left your mouth.

This hurts. This hurts. You could scream from how much this was hurting, and not just from the bleeding wound on your side.

Hallie scoffed disinterestedly. "Of course not. Who wants to? What's the point if we don't get caught? Where's the glamour in that?"

Derek presented you a smug look, biting back a laugh. It was his eyes that destroyed you, giving away every ounce of his malicious intent. "The way I see it. We'll be arrested, go to prison. Cash in on the home footage. Secure a book deal. If all goes as planned, our trial should coincide with the release of STAB 2."

"A verdict and premiere all on the same day. I love it."

"We're hoping for the death penalty. I have this whole Dead Men Walking swan song exit planned," Derek said after a moment, that wolfish half-smile look on his face would forever be burned into your mind, along with their motivation.

So that was it? All of this was about fame and money?

You felt like sitting down with too much information being fired at your brain too quickly, and in your state you couldn't pick which thought to try and process first.

You couldn't tell how long you stood there, motionless.

"Freaked out movie-nut psychos..." Your voice cracked out after a while, starting to become tight and broken with the sobs brewing in your chest as the heels of your palms rubbed against your eyes.

'Oh (Y/N), don't blame the movies... Movies don't create psychos. Movies make psychos more creative.'

Billy's words rang through your mind, making you start to get overwhelmed with emotions, your tears only starting to fall faster.

They both quirked their eyebrows at you. Before you know it, Derek stood mere inches away from you, wiping his fingertips over your cheeks to push the moisture away.

If not for the situation you were in, his gesture would almost have seemed sincere.

You jerkes your head away, recoiling like he had just burned you, and in a way he did. He burned everything that existed between the two of you along with your respect for him.

Your mind felt like it had been hit with a sledgehammer, none of your thoughts making sense anymore.

From your left, you heard Hallie's breathing grow harsher through her nose and in an instant, she hit your cheek with the back of her hand, bringing with it a tingling sensation that made you whimper in pain.

You should be fighting harder but you felt completely broken; your heart, your mind and your body were completely torn and you didn't know how to handle it.

Derek seemed to have no sympathy whatsoever, making no move to stop Hallie who slapped your face again with such force the impact of it sent you down to the floor, making black spots bleed into your vision.

Instead, Derek kept rambling. "We really had our work cut out for us. It really is the curse of the sequel. The Billy/Stu thing's been done."

The girl stood there with flaming cheeks and eyes full of rage as she tried to continue. "... So we had to be different but yet the same because if you venture too far away from your original story you completely alienate the audience..."

"And we didn't want to do that, (Y/N). We wanted to give you your money's worth."

The emotions inside you feel like they were being slung around you with a sling shot, and you couldn't contain it anymore, especially when they brought their names up.

"How dare you," you snapped, your throat starting to hurt from how worn out it was of all the crying and screaming, and both of them looked taken aback by the edge and harshness in your words.

You didn't know why the hell you were defending two psychopaths just as murderous as them, but you just did.

Your hands dropped from your face as all of the pain from earlier poured out, the anger that bubbled its way out of heartbreak was a different breed of anger as you continue shouting.

"Like you could ever compare yourselves to them! You're nothing but fakes and will never come close to Billy and Stu."