"Yeah."

FUCK!

"Is it... is it chocolate ice cream?" I bet it's not.

"Yeah, we have chocolate ice cream."

"I don't like chocolate."

"W-what... you told me every other flavor tries too hard!"

"I've changed!" I cover my face. "I'm a grown woman now. I don't discriminate."

"Okay... what flavor do you want?"

"Do you have strawberry?" I ask sheepishly.

"Yeah, I do."

"Pistachio?" I squeak.

"Yup, that too."

"Peanut butter?" My voice breaks.

"No."

"That's it." I choke. "That's what I want."

"Okay..." Lucas chuckles nervously. "Okay, I'll go get you peanut butter ice cream, then."

"Thank you." I mumble. I'm so sorry for lying and making you go out in the rain, I don't even like peanut butter ice cream.

"Anything else?" He stands up, towering over me. I shake my head. "Okay, then come here."

He walks me around the kitchen island and takes a set of keys from the counter. Then he unlocks one of the drawers and pulls out a gun.

"What the—" My eyes go wide as he holds the gun and looks at me.

"I'm going to teach you how to use this and you're going to lock up when I leave. Got it?"

"Why? Are you stealing ice cream from the Russian mafia?"

He snorts. "Relax, you can handle it."

"A deadly weapon?" I scowl.

"Yeah, aren't you used to it?" He says with a smirk and a dirty glint in his eyes.

Then he shows me how to hold the super heavy gun — Springfield 1911 A1 or something — tells me how to caulk it — whatever that means — how to aim and reload — not happening — and how to use the safety on and off switch — no idea where the switch is.

"You got it?"

"I'll just throw the gun at their head and run."

"No." He chides, eyes stern. "I'll take you to the gun range later so you can practice, you need to know how to protect yourself."

"Okay, I really need ice cream right now, but I'll learn how to shoot and kill later, okay?"

"Fine." He rolls his eyes and continues to lecture as he shows me how to lock up. Then he steps outside in the rain, waits for me to do as instructed before he finally leaves.

I put the gun back in the drawer and lock it, shaking my head at how he calls me crazy...

Then I shimmy for being such a sneaky mafia who just tricked a 6'4 Marine! I can technically take over his restaurant with his own gun. But I won't.

Ten minutes later Shush texts me that they're here and I unlock the doors.

"Let's get started!" Lev booms, marching in with grocery bags. Shush is right behind, shivering as she gives me a hug.

"Hey, wildcat." Ashton follows in with Kai, holding two cake boxes. "Where's the birthday boy?"

"I sent him on an errand to get me ice cream." I tilt my chin proudly.