Chapter One

How are you alive?

  Did you somehow escape from the supernaturals? Did you hide from them? Are you still on Earth? 

  If you've escaped... please, tell us how.

  We are dying out. 

  Of course, it's partly our fault. Humans, with their addiction to Internet and power and fancy cars and money. 

  Let me elaborate.

  Humans love to have the best cars and technology and fancy stuff like that, right? These things are made in factories that let dangerous gases out in  the air. It finally got to be too much, and these gases formed a beacon stretching beyond our atmosphere, allowing the supernaturals, who has been trying to find us for a while now, to spot us.

  Supernaturals are immortal, evil creatures with golden skin and sharp fangs. They're just as deadly as they are beautiful, being in possession of a weapon they call a Qortan Ray, something that can send you tumbling into the deepest abyss.

  Of course, you most likely already know this, considering you are somehow alive and not dead.

  Which means you might be the only chance to save us. 

  The supernaturals came for us. They grabbed us, tied us up, all humans, and put us in their craft. They brought us to this planet, this horrible planet where I have lived for eleven months now, A-19.

  They experimented and ran tests on us. Almost every human died, unable to withstand them. Only twelve survived. Six women and six men.

  And I'm one of those twelve.

  Probably the luckiest.

  My name is Marina Aldago. I was fortunate enough to not only survive, but to have my mother and sister survive as well. I am the only human on A-19 that has any family left.

  Oh no. They're coming. 

  Hurry. You must find us quickly, or all is lost.

         <~>

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hi, everybody, this is Cordelia, and I just wanted to say thank you to anyone who reads and votes on this, as well as the promise of a Chapter Two coming soon, that'll have some real story! If you want, inbox me anytime.

As you leave this chapter, I just want you to think about who Marina reminds you of. You can either comment on this paragraph or leave your answers in the comment section down below. 

Enjoy!