Zaryab didn't mind his sister's remark; he was happy she took a stand for women other than her brother. Zaryab looked at the stage. He had to give Mehmal her respect even though they would be separated in the future, but everyone here knows it was his mistake. He couldn't save his home.

Zaryab went on stage from there and sat down beside Mujtaba. Mehmal put ubtan on Mujtaba and Sana's faces and sat beside Sana. Zaryab's presence disturbs her, but she does not want any fuss.

When Photographer took the picture after one take, Mehmal walked down from the stage. She was feeling uncomfortable in the presence of her in-laws. She is aware of their hate towards her. Zadyab walked down with her.
"Mamu, I'll take my leave. I told you," she said to Hammad.

Zaryab heard that. "Beta, at least eat something. I'll not stop you after that. Zaryab opens the buffet," he said Zaryab quickly signals the waiters to open the feast.

"No, Mamu, I'll be late, please", she insisted, which made zaryab curious.

"What's so important is that she can't even wait for dinner," Zaryab thought.

"Ok, wait, I'll take you to dinner. At least eat something" Hamad took her hand and took her to dinner when someone called Hamad.

"Beta, take it. I'll come. Don't go without eating. For me, please, " Hmamd said and walked to the stage. Zaryab came and ordered the servers to open it. He gave the plate to Mehmal.

Mehmal looked at zaryab furiously. "What's the plate or dinner fault?" he stressed and extended the plate.

Mehmal looked at the plate and then at him. She let out a low sigh and walked away in the other direction and took the plate, and started filling it with food. Kabab and tikka boti has always been her favourite, and palak with biryani is Mehmal's favourite combination. She turned to Zadyab, who was filling the glass with lemonade. It was winter, and everything was arranged on the lawn with outdoor heaters. Zaryab put the lemonade on the table and a heater near it.

Mehmal looked at what he had done. Everything was her favourite, from food to lemonade. She knows Mamu gave the food responsibility to him. He was good at catering management. In every event, catering is his responsibility.

Zaryab looked at Mehmal, who was staring at him in disbelief. He walked to her. "Don't you like the food? I made sure everything was according to your taste" Zaryab's innocent question didn't settle well with Mehmal, and she clenched her jaw so tightly. "It would be better if you arrange it according to Sana's taste," she said and filled the plate with not much she needed to go from there. She felt uncomfortable and needed to meet that client Emer said to meet.

"Why do you take less? Take it more," he stressed out.

That was it Mehmal sighed and turned back to look at every one. They all were busy then she drifted to zaryab.
"Would you please leave me alone? I don't want any scenes here. Why not go and entertain your Aunts," she grated out and looked here and there. No place to sit. The site was complete. She sighs in frustration and walks to where zaryab put the heater and lemonade. If she can tolerate the coldness, she would prefer to stand, but she never eats while standing.

"Should I increase heat intensity?" he asked Mehmal. Mehmal shook her head in defeat, and she didn't reply.

Suddenly the light was gone, and the only light was heaters. Workers went to the generators. Mehmal flashes the light zaryab to flash it. Suddenly the heater was off.

Mehmal was done with food, and she didn't bother to see zaryab, who was standing near her. She was feeling cold.

Flashes were ON. She wanted to go out, but the sudden darkness on the lawn didn't let her, and she didn't want to hurt herself with heels. She rubbed her hands, and she was feeling cold. Zaryab was checking the heater. His eyes drifted to mehmal.

He remembers when something happened at his cousin's wedding, and she felt cold. He took her hand and clapped it together, and started blowing inside.

He smiled and took her hands. Mehmal turned to him. Her eyes grew wide, and she blinked in shock.  He joined her hand and blew hot air from his mouth. Mehmal recalls the same incident that happened before.

Her hands became warm. She was in utter shock and couldn't stop him. "Are you feeling ok? Now the heater will be on. I'll call the worker," he said Mehmal snatched her hands from him.

"HOW DARE YOU," she said, her eyes wide. Air was harshly pushed out of her lungs before Zaryab carryout out any words to justify the actions Mehmal angrily wrapped over his kameez collar and then moved him angrily. "If this is not a wedding, I'll show you your place", she Marched outside angrily. She was crossing everyone, and suddenly her foot slipped, and she fell. Zaryab was behind her, and light came.

"Ouch, AMI" Mehmal screamed.

Zaryab came first to her. "Let me see Mehmal" Mehmal didn't let him push his hand. Everyone gathered. She was embarrassed and didn't want any unwanted attention and ruin the event.

"I'm ok" She stood in pain. Her feet were swollen, but she still started walking. Mamu, I'm ok. I'll take my leave," mehmal said. Everyone insisted she stayed, but she didn't show them the pain.

Her feet were swollen, and she was feeling numb.

In pain, she walked to her car and opened the door, and started inspecting her feet. "Ay Allah", her feet had a blue mark. She called the driver, but he didn't attend. Her mother told him the time to pick, and he'll come at that time.

********************

The next part will be updated at night or in the morning.

Many of you are irritated with zaryab's behaviour, but it is important.