Ch. 2 Chaos Rising

Start from the beginning

"Obviously, it's not going to be particularly... comfortable. But if we can slow your heart rate down enough, you'll slip into a trance like state," Deaton was telling him.

"Like being hypnotized," Isaac guessed.

"Exactly. You'll be half transformed. It'll let us access your subconscious mind," Deaton continued as they walked over to the filled tub.

Isaac knelt down, staring at the icy water. Ayla placed a reassuring hand on his should, and felt him take it. She couldn't decide whether he had seemed more concerned by the idea of Peter sticking a claw into his neck or by the idea of being hypnotized in a tub of ice.

"How slow does his heart have to be?" Scott wondered.

"Very slow," Deaton told him. Ayla frowned, shivering at the thought of being in the water. She had unfortunately had a similar experience when Deaton was trying to get her to tap into her visions.

"Okay, well, how slow is very slow?" Derek asked.

"Nearly dead," the vet admitted.

"Deaton," Ayla scolded, as her, Scott and Derek turned to him.

"It's safe, though, right?" Isaac asked, looking up at him.

"Do you want me to answer honestly?" Deaton asked him.

"Oh, my God," Ayla muttered.

"You survived," Deaton reminded her.

"You did this?" Isaac questioned, looking up at her.

Ayla frowned down at him. "Yeah, this summer. It was a little different though," she told him.

"But you're fine?" he wondered.

She forced what she hoped was a reassuring smile. She had thought she was going to drown when she tried this. "Yeah. I am," she told him.

They all heard a snapping sound and turned to see that Stiles had put a rubber glove on. They all gave him a look. "What?" he asked. They all continued to frown at him and he took the glove off.

Isaac finally released Ayla's hand and stood, letting out a breath.

"Look, if it feels too risky, you don't have to do this," Derek told him. Both Ayla and Scott nodded in agreement.

Isaac took a deep breath, before pulling his T-shirt off. He sat it to the side and stepped into the water. He gasped as he sat down in the icy water. Scott rolled up his sleeves and both him and Derek moved to either side of the beta. They each placed a hand on Isaac's shoulder, glancing at each other.

"You'll be fine," Ayla said, meeting Isaac's eyes. She wasn't sure if she was trying to reassure him or her.

Both Scott and Derek forced Isaac under the icy water, making water splash across the floor.

Isaac was only under a second, before his head shot back up. He began to struggle against the two werewolves that were holding him under, his face transforming.

"Get him back under," Stiles said, both him and Ayla moving to the end of the tub.

"Hold him," Deaton told them as Isaac continued to fight.