Chapter 7

Techno's POV

"Fine"

This is a terrible idea. Why did I say yes?

Cause your an idiot

Yeah you made a dumb choice.

E

E

E

E

E

E

'Shut up!' I went back into the living room, there he was sitting on the couch watching the fire. I had a mental laugh as he was sat in his usual spot. Always curled up in the corner listening to me read. I stared at Dream and he stared back. With those dull green eyes I hate. Those aren't his eyes but they still have the same amount of worry and curiosity as before. I felt myself let out a shaker breath. I froze. He's not actually here. This isn't the same Dream who would braid my hair when he was bored. Curled up like a cat anywhere in the house just to be next to me. Would make snarky comments about my farming life. Or whose eyes would light up anytime we played in the snow like children.

Dream kept staring at me as I moved closer, I went to sit on the couch with him but he flinched back. I hesitated for a second and decided to sit on the floor in front of him. His head tilted like a cat, good to see some things never change. "Do you remember me?" The bandages around his throat looked like they tightened as he tried to open his mouth, instead he shook his head 'no'. I frowned, his eyes widened as he looked at me apologetically, then his eyes stayed glued to his lap, where his hands picked at the bandages around his forearm. "Can you speak?" Another shake came from his head 'no'. I nodded and scooted towards one of my chests in the living room besides the couch.

His head lifted up again like a curious cat and watched me with wide eyes. I grabbed a book and quill and passed it to Dream. He glanced between the items then back at me, a weak smile planted itself on his face. He's looking for clarification, the voices told me. "Write down what you last remember." Dream didn't move to touch the book, I opened the book on his lap to a random page and held out the quill for him. "Take it." Dream's hands started to shake and he backed away from me onto the couch more, I guess my tone didn't help in this situation. I don't know what to do, Dream was the one who handled all the feelings.

Show him the ring!

That's a good idea, Techno, give him your ring.

I put the quill on the floor, I gave the ring another twirl, the bright emerald that reminded me of the man I love shined up at me. With a sigh I came to the conclusion that it is worth a try. I slowly took off my ring finger, the memory was one of my happiest. I will never forget that day. I passed Dream the ring, as I set it into his palm it reminded me of that day. As I looked back up at his face, he looked like the world had flashed before him. His eyes glazed over as I slowly removed my hand from his.

Dream's POV

The pink haired male gave me his ring. The one that made me feel like I had one. It had a big emerald in the middle, the gold band shined in the fires light. Words could never do justice for the beauty of this ring. As he placed it in my hand a sudden flash came through my mind.

I was laying on my side in bed with a dopey smile on my face, looking at the ring on my right hand. The warm mass that spooned me from behind shift, the grip on my waist squeezed as another warm weight slithered past my neck, underneath my head and exposed a warm hand, joining me in the fascination, a ring matching mine with an emerald instead of a ruby decorated his hand. "I'm glad you like the gift." His morning voice made me flush, a sound I would never get tired of. My hand retracted into my body as I flipped over to face the man. My cold hand moved to the side of his face, the ruby matched his eyes, his eyes scrunched at the feeling of my cold hands on his warm face. I moved stray strands of pink hair that fell out of the braid. I gave a small kiss on his nose.

"Thank you, Techno. It's a perfect parting gift to keep me distracted when I go visit Bad." Techno wrapped his arms around my waist and neck pulling me even closer. He groaned and squeezed me tight, suffocating me in the smell of iron and potatoes. "Hurry back, I don't want you to get hurt." I rolled my eyes at his worry, giving another kiss to his nose before he pulled me close again. "It's only Bad! He is one of my only friends left besides you, Phil and Ghostbur." Techno sighed knowing there was no arguing with me.

"Fine. Just still be careful."

I felt my head pounding as another flash came through my mind.

"You lost Dream. You're here suffering while everyone else is celebrating your capture." I had tears in my eyes as I was punched for the first time. The drug in my system made me feel groggy, like my limbs were 100 pounds each. The man with the blue beanie grabbed my arm and pulled it forward. "Such a lovely ring..." He ripped it off my hand, I put all of my effort in as I tried to grab the ring back only to receive a kick to the gut. I felt so weak. I sat and watched the man examine the ring. "Wonder why it's so important? Too bad it's mine now." The lava was let down and the man went away, tears came down my face. As my anxiety grew I wanted to twirl my ring but as I rubbed my finger I found no ring. "I am sorry Techno." Hoping it was all a dream I closed my eyes.

There were no more flashes but I could feel the tears falling down my face. I was crying. The male in front of me was worried, he seemed to be panicking. I felt like laughing at the sight, he could never handle emotions well. His pig ears started to twitch, his red eyes filled with fear. I looked at his eyes. I always loved his eyes, they were like ruby's. 'I know his name. I know him. He is important to me. Who is he?'

I felt one more wave of dizziness, before it came back to me.

"Techno?"