Chapter 14

3rd Person's POV

Dream didn't know what to do, Phil and Techno were just watching them interact. Both seemed to be a bit jittery, but none of them were as scared as Dream was. Still, he believed Techno would protect him. "You...know?" His voice seemed to lose itself halfway through the question. Maybe it was because of how much it hurt, or because that was the most he spoke yet. The young blond just glared at Dream, huffing at the mere sight of him. Dream slowly got up, trying not to make any sudden movements, setting off the 3 men in the house who were like wild animals all waiting to strike.

Tommy let him get up, watching the man with hatful eyes. Dream made his way over to Techno who was mainly watching Tommy, Tommy was watching Dream, and Phil was watching them both. Techno's gaze broke when he felt a cold hand on his forearm, looking down at the ghost he seemed to relax, the hand on his arm held the golden ring. It was enough to calm the voices. Phil moved his gaze to Tommy, who was watching the interaction with interest, probably piecing everything together.

"How about we all sit down?" Phil's voice was nervous, if Dream kept Techno in check then he could focus on the child. "Everyone can relax and then we can answer some questions, and try to fill in everything." Phil's gaze flickered to Dream as if to warn him about the incoming questions that were coming. Dream gave a slight nod and tugged on Techno's arm, wanting him to sit down on the couch. Tommy sat in an armchair as Phil sat on the other side of the couch, between Techno, Dream and Tommy, Dream placed himself close to Techno.

Phil his 'dad face' back on, if he was going to be the only adult then so be it. "Tommy how about you tell Dream how you know him?" Tommy clicked his tongue, and crossed his arms. Phil kicked his leg and gave him a hard glare, Techno shifted in his seat and Dream just circled his thumb on Techno's forearm. "We fought against each other, over some discs. I'm best friends with the guy who's like your brother and basically I hate you and you hate me. I used to look up to you before you became such a bitch. And put me into exile, but that was because you were being a bitch about those discs, which I got back." Tommy muttered angrily, Phil and Techno stared at Tommy, sure Tommy looked annoyed at being here in the first place, but he also looked guilty and scared. But of what?

Dream felt dizzy, he didn't hate the kid in front of him. He definitely didn't trust him, or anything about him. But he didn't hate the kid in front of him. Tommy was his name as Phil had mentioned before, the sudden memory of the conversation came back.

"Do I get my disc's back or am I going to have to take them?"

"You'll never get them back, either you leave them with me or I escalate things more."

"You stole them! From my house!"

"And who's going to believe that???"

"Fine, it's a deal"

"No one can know, not even Techno."

And they shook on it.

How did Tommy tie into that? Dream went to speak but the bandages were still tight, he looked at Techno and tugged on his arm. The ruby eyes darted to the ghost, who was motioning something out for the pink haired man. He smiled and grabbed the book and quill from earlier, Dream grabbed them out of his hands and scribbled something down. Phil and Tommy were watching confused, mainly at the dynamic of the interaction. Tommy especially, he had never seen the Blade act like this, and had never seen the soft look on his face either. He pushed the book back into Techno's hand and pointed towards Tommy. He cleared his throat and read:

"Did we make a deal?"

Tommy froze, he was a deer caught in headlights. He chuckled awkwardly, and looked between both Phil and Techno. They watched the suspicious behavior, Tommy put on his sweetest smile and looked at Dream, gritting his teeth he smiled saying "No, I wouldn't have made a deal with you ever..." His sentence tapered off as Techno and Phil began to shift, becoming increasingly alarmed. Dream grabbed the book again before handing it back to Techno, who read again: