Chapter Fifteen

ELENA SAT WITH BATED BREATH it seemed nothing happened after the jingle

ELENA SAT WITH BATED BREATH it seemed nothing happened after the jingle. "Where the fuck are they?" Elena breathed out looking over her countertop.

"Police! Hands up!"

Elena cursed under her breath as she saw an officer shine their light at Ziggy and Martin. She stifled a laugh as Ziggy tried to tell the officer he'd die but Martin shushed her.

"Freeze! Freeze! I got two more over here"

Elena could see another cop by Deena and Josh and she simply shook her head. How were these fools getting caught? Elena leaned her head against the counter clenching her watergun. Peering over the counter she saw the cop by Ziggy and Martin get stabbed. "And shit just got real" Elena breathed out.

"Oh!" Martin screamed catching everyone's attention. The other officer ran towards his partner. "Oh my! Holy—" Martin was at a loss for words as Christine interrupted him. "We gotta go!" Ziggy yelled. "What is that?" Martins's voice wavered.

Elena shook her head as the cop tried shooting the mailman. "That's not gonna work!" Elena yelled out. "Why?" The cop called back. Instead of getting an answer, he got a knife to the gut.

Elena quickly ran over to Christine and Martin seeing as though the older man was freaking out. "Ok. I need you to focus because the plan is still on, ok?" Ziggy grabbed Martin by the shoulders. "Wait, wait, wait. You're leaving?" Martin asked wide-eyed. "Hold fast. Stay out of their way. They'll walk right past you" Christine untied the rope handing it to Martin.

"Don't worry, Marty. I'll be here with you" Elena smiled putting a hand on Martins's shoulder. "Do not call me that" Martin gave the girl a very pointed look. "Whatever you say...Marty" Elena smirked.

Martin looked like he was about to strangle the girl until the mailman began walking towards them. Both held their breath as he walked by. "Oh god, you're coming. Oh my god. He's gonna go right by, he's gonna go right by" Martin whispered to himself. "Shut up" Elena hissed.

"Ok, don't breathe," Martin said. He held his breath his eyes and Elena stared at him in utter shock. "Wuss" Elena shook her head pulling the cord so the gate fell.

Quickly Elena dragged Martin to the pizza shop they were in earlier and hid behind the counter. "How many is that?" Deena asked. "I got one, Martin got the Milkman—" Elena interrupted Josh. "Not Martin. Marty" She corrected. "Four. We have four" Ziggy walked up behind Deena.

"Skull Mask, Nightwing" Ziggy nodded. "No, ruby?" Deena turned towards the rest of the group. "I don't know. We need to keep an on—" Josh's sentence was cut off. "Y-y-yo! Why'd it get so quiet" Martin spoke drawing attention to the fact that the killers were no longer trying to get out. "It's him" Ziggy breathed out.

"You don't have to do this" Deena looked sincere as she spoke. "Yes I do" Christine nodded. Ziggy hopped over the counter. "Mount up" Deena whispered. The trio, Martin, Josh, and Elena hopped over the counter to get their guns. "I am so ready for this mother fucker to die" Elena hissed.

The trio stood idly by as Nick walked towards Ziggy who stood in front of the hanging tree. "Ziggy?" Nick breathed out. "What are you doing here?" He scrunched up his eyebrows. "Tag, you're it" Ziggy frowned and pulled the cord causing blood to fall all over him.

Quickly everyone opened the gates and the killers began walking towards Nick. Nick ran after Ziggy grabbing her and pulling her with him. "Deena! Get them away from me!" Nick screamed. "If I die, she dies!" He waved his gun around. "Get away! Get back!" Nick spat spinning in a circle as Ziggy screamed.

Nick screamed as Skull Mask dug a knife into his back. Ziggy began running but the mailman grabbed her as he licked her face. "Your blood is on her! It's on Ziggy!" Nick yelled. "Fuck" Elena groaned. "Let's be the hero" Elena shrugged running towards Christine.

She tackled the mailman off of her punching him in the face. "Holy shit—" She held her hand and his knife cut her arm. Deena grabbed the knife cutting her hand. Making the killers pay attention to her. "Go! Go! Go! We got this!" Josh shouted at his sister.

Elena ran into the store helping everyone close the gate. "I think we're fucked" Elena placed her hands on her hips. "Completely. And utterly. Fucked"

"We need a plan B...like now" Martin gripped the gate. "No..." Josh whispered. "We just need more plan A" He smirked. The group quickly opened up the gate and grabbed their water guns squirting the killers with blood.

"I got that creepy perv motherfucker in the bullseye" Martin snickered hiding behind some mannikins. "This is gonna work, right?" Martins's voice squeaked."Shut up and watch" Elena smiled watching as the mailman got picked up. "This is a great show, I think I need some popcorn" Elena whispered. "Please, shut up" Martin groaned.

"Guys...we lost Sam" Josh spoke as his eyes were trained on the blonde girl who just left after Deena. Josh lifted the gate as the killers all fell, now dead...again. "We don't have a lot of time. We have to get ready to fight" Josh swallowed harshly.

"Wait!" Ziggy grabbed Josh's arm. "What the hell is that?" Martin grimaced. "Billy Barker" Elena sucked in a breath. "Even creepier in person" Elena took a step back. Everyone's eyes traveled over to the other corner where the singing was coming from. "Ruby" Josh breathed out. "I'd love to kill that bitch" Elena cracked her knuckles.

"Okay, mad max calm down" Josh rolled his eyes. "Ok, okay. You know what? At least we still have magic blood" Martin picked up the water gun. "They're fucking empty" Elena picked up hers. "I'm tapped" Martin sighed. "Me too" Christine's voice shook. "No, no, no! We can find other weapons we can use the delivery hallway, outflank them" Josh stuttered trying to figure out a plan.

"There is no other plan, Josh. It's over" Elena sighed. "No! No..no! We're too close! Too many people have died, and I'm not letting them take my sister too! We have to protect her" Josh's voice trailed off as no one said anything. "Please" He whimpered.

"Josh.." Elena began after he walked out of the shop picking up the axe. Elena stared as Josh walked behind Ruby. "Up, up, down, down...left, right...B, A, Start!" Josh yelled hitting Ruby in the back with the axe.

Josh tried hitting her again but missed as she slashed him in the stomach. "Josh!" Elena yelled seeing him hunched over. Ruby grabbed Josh's face and pulled him back. Elena wanted to cry seeing her hurt Josh. It was like she was seeing what happened to Simon all over again. "Oh! My arm!" Josh screamed.

Elena grabbed the knife that was lying on the floor and walked towards Ruby. "Not today, you bitch" Elena cursed plunging the knife into Ruby. The killer fell and Elena dropped on top of her. She let out a yell as the knife went into the girl over and over again. "Die, you slutbag" Elena hissed slitting Ruby's throat. "That's one" She whispered helping up Josh.

"It's broken" Elena sighed. Suddenly the killers were starting to reform and and stand up. Elena was shaking. She couldn't tell if it was fear or anger, maybe a little bit of both. "I am not dying tonight" She hissed gripping the knife. "Oh god," Christine closed her eyes.

Elena's eyes watered as the killers were slowly stalking them. "I'm not dying" Elena's voice cracked as tears dropped down her face. All the killers disappeared and Elena dropped to her knees. "She did it" Josh breathed out of breath.

Elena covered her mouth as she let out a sob. "Oh- Elena are you okay?" Josh kneeled next to her. "It's over. It's finally over" She cried. "It's over" Josh smiled. Elena planted a kiss on Josh's cheek and hugged him. "You're my new best friend" She laughed lightly. "Thanks" Josh smiled.