Chapter Nine

ELENA GULPED AS SHE STOOD Silently watching as the Nightwing killer tried to mash threw the door

ELENA GULPED AS SHE STOOD Silently watching as the Nightwing killer tried to mash threw the door. Elena snapped out of her trance when Deena began calling the number for C. Berman.

Elena rushed beside Simon trying to help him holding the door shut. She grunted as the axe broke through. "Hello, my name is Deena Johnson. I think you saw the witch" Deena's voice was shaky.

"This shit is not gonna hold" Simon turned towards Elena. "We need to know how you survived!" Deena shouted as Josh snatched the phone from her. "Hey! We're being attacked, alright? There are killers here!" Josh shouted.

"If you're there please pick up! Please answer" Deena begged. "Fuck! No!" Deanna shouted slamming the phone down. "Help!" Elena yelled as Simon screamed. The Nightwing killer grabbed hold of Simons's hair. Josh stabbed the killer's hand causing him to let go.

Elena's eyes water as she holds Simon in her arms. Elena couldn't stop the tears from falling down her face. She didn't want to die but she felt as if she was about to. Like her life was over. "She died" Sam turned around.

"What? No, she's alive. That's the whole point" Deena shook her head. "Yeah, she...she survived but...but first she died" Sam re-read the newspaper clipping. "C. Berman was found in the woods. Her heart had stopped but a local boy performed CPR" Deena mumbled.

"What is this is it? What if that's how she survived? Her heart stopped. She survived by dying" Sam explained. "What is it? The fucking rhyme. The fucking rhyme!" Deena shouted.

"She'll take your blood. She'll take your head! She'll follow you until your head" Simon yelled. Elena choked a sob as she held a stool against the door.

"It's just like Kate said. The witch wants you dead. So...we kill you" Deena swallowed. "And then, just like this C. Berman bitch, we bring you back to life" Deena smirked. "What are you saying!" Kate yelled. "Fuck it. I'm dying tonight one way or another" Sam smiled "Let's try to bring me back"

The group stopped holding the door and ran towards the window. "You're gonna be fine" Simon helped Elena out. "We're gonna die" Elena's lip quivered. "No, we won't" Simon kissed her forehead as they started running.

***

Elena's hands were still shaking as she stood by Kate. Simon went to grab pills. In his words, they were about to 'Timothy this bitch'. "A few months ago, my brother Timothy had an unfortunate experience in which he invested too much of a certain substance. He was dead for two minutes—but... we got him back" Simon drummed his hands against the counter and smiled.

"Kate, it's time for your close-up" Deena smirked. Kate nodded and started dividing the pills into groups. "You need to take these in order. Pile on takes the edge off. You're gonna feel like you're being fucking by a unicorn" Simon explained to Sam. "Pile two is gonna bring your core temp way down. You may feel slightly sick." Simon pointed out.

"You need to take a five-minute inter between pile two and pile three.. that's really important, okay? Pile three brings you down and out. So take that "take five" or it's all gonna go to shit!" Simon spoke out of breath.

"How many of these do we have?" Kate asked. "Tons. Like a thousand" Simon shook her head. "Wait epi pens?" Deena looked up confused. "Epinephrine, also known as adrenaline. This is what brings her back. This is Jesus!" Simon shook the pens in everyone's face.

"I love my little drug fiend" Elena laughed kissing Simons's cheek. They smiled getting ready to put their plan into action. With Sam's watered-down blood on them. "Sams's blood marks the spot" Deena sighed.

"God, if you die Simon I'll bring you back and kill you myself" Elena smiled. "You better not die either" He rolled his eyes. "I'm a fucking god, remember?" Elena smirked pulling him into a kiss. "You and your god complex" He shook his head. "I love you" Elena looked Simon in his eyes. "I know. I love you too" He sighed wrapping the girl in a tight hug as if it would be their last.

"Remember half an hour ago, when you wanted to murder me? You don't have to do this, you can leave" Sam spoke to Kate, Elena, and Simon. "Remember when you decided to sacrifice yourself for us? We're ending this together" Kate nodded.

"Die well, my friend" Simon placed his hand on Sams's shoulder. "We got back door patrol" Simon backed away from the group and towards Josh. "Hey!" Kate called after them. She walked over to Josh and pulled him into a kiss. "Well, I mean...get it I guess?" Elena laughed at her friends.

"I'll run interference up here" Kate walked with Elena towards the back of the store. "So you and Josh?" Elena wiggled her eyebrows. "Oh whatever" Kate laughed. "What do you see in him? Cause all I'm seeing is a nerd" Elena snorted. "I see it too but that's what I like about him" Kate shrugged.

Elena and Kate walked down the aisle basically shopping. They stopped as something metal fell behind them. Elena cursed as they started walking down the aisle. "Take the top off the hair spray" Kate commanded. Elena did as told and Kate made a makeshift flame-throwing, throwing the flames in the skull mask's face. "Run!" Elena yelled at Sam and Deena.

Kate dropped the bottle of hair spray and grabbed Elena leading her behind a counter. Elena held her hand over her mouth trying to not make any noise. Kate peaked around the around and she couldn't see the skull mask anymore. Suddenly a hand reached down grabbing Kate.

Kate screamed and Elena grabbed the killer's hand pulling his knife away from Kate's heart. Kate grabbed a pan and thrust it in front of her chest before Elena shoved a skull mask in the head. The killer shoved Kate forward causing her to turn on a machine. Kate got up and the killer slammed her face into a cake.

Kate shouted and Elena tried to break the grip the killer had on Kate. Elena grabbed the blade of the knife stopping it from entering Kate. The killer's head snapped over to the girl as he thrust the knife into her stomach. Elena groaned falling backwards slightly. "No" Elena spoke.

Kate screamed as her head was getting closer to the bread slicer. "No! No! No!" Elena screamed grabbing the killer's arm. With his free hand, he slammed Elena's head into the counter causing her to black out for a second. When she came to the killer was gone and Kate was dead.

Elena cried and she slowly crawled over the counter holding her wound. Elena cried out as she couldn't stop shaking. Both Josh and Simon ran down the aisle shocked to see a dead Kate and wounded Elena. "Simon, please help me" Elena whimpered trying to crawl to her boyfriend.

"Elena, I said no-" Simon was cut off as the Nightwing killer slammed his axe on his head Elena let out a blood-curdling scream and she got up and started running down the aisle with Josh.

It was like everything was happening in slow motion for Elena. Skull Mask was chasing them and Elena shoved Josh out of the way. The killer stabbed Elena in the back tackling her to the ground.

"Elena!" Josh yelled as the knife entered her chest. "Run" She shouted as the knife entered her chest again. Elena coughed up blood as the killer stabbed her over and over again. And then it stopped. The killer was gone but the pain remained.

Tears rolled down Elena's face as she started choking on her own blood. She closed her eyes and then it was over. Her short life was over.

Authors note: I'm thinking about continuing this story! Same book but continued basically throughout Fear Street parts 2 and 3 so it'll follow Elena, Sam, Deena, and Josh. Lemme know!!