Thunderstorm

Five days later...

No ones pov:

Dust, Cross and Horror were on a mission together in an Au. Fell got some information and now they were on the lookout for the star sanses.

Dust was leaning against a tree and Cross and Horror were sitting on a log. "Sooooo, how long are you guys and Killz gonna hide for?" Horror and Dust both looked at him. "Uh, I dunno. It's only been about a month." Horror said, flipping his axe in the air. "A month?!" Cross shouted. 

The sudden sound made Dust flinch. Horror held onto his axe. "Really? Cause I caught you pretty easily." Cross said, going back to normal volume. "We've been more careful." Horror said smiling. Dust looked up at the sky, through the branches he could see how gloomy it was. 

Dust pov:

I looked up overhead and it looked like it was going to rain. How long would we have to stay out here? "Dust you okay?" someone asked, I looked back down to see Horror and Cross looking at me, "Ya look a little chilled to the bone." Cross said, smiling. 

I smiled back at him, "I'm okay." Horror looked up at the sky, "Damn, hope we're not out here when the thunderstorm hits." "Thunderstorm?" Cross asked looking up as well. "Well it definitely looks like one."

A few minutes later...

We saw a shot of lightning in the distance. "Yep, thunderstorm." Cross said. And a few seconds later, the sound of thunder made a loud Boom! 

I yelped and ducked down. The sound scared me. When I looked up I saw two sets of concerned 'eyes' looking down at me. "I didn't know you were scared of thunder." Horror said. "I-I'm not." I stammered. Well that's convincing. 

I stood up straight then another lightning bolt struck, lighting up the sky. That made me flinch. The thunder came a few seconds afterwards and without thinking I ran and jumped into Horrors arms. 

He rubbed my back while I was shaking with my face buried in his shoulder. "I know this is very out of character," Cross started, "but aw!" "You okay baby?" Horror asked in a soft, quiet tone. I slowly nodded. Lightning struck again and Horror kept holding me, rubbing my back and softly humming in my 'ear' to calm me down, and distract me from the thunder that was about to come. "You're fine, I gotcha." he said, right before the thunder boomed. I shook and hugged him tighter. 

I could feel the rain begin to fall and it pattered against my back and the top of my head. Horror put his hood on to keep the rain from getting in his skull. I heard Cross talking to someone on the phone, "We can go back now, guys" he said. Horror stood up with me in his arms and he held me tight. We teleported back to the castle.

Horror pov:

I teleported back to the castle with a scared but tired Dust in my arms. I held him bridal style and walked toward my room, I could tell he was drifting off. "Don't fall asleep yet, k?" I said as I walked. He slightly nodded but kept his head down. He looked so small in my arms. 

When I entered the room I saw Killer laying on his stomach scrolling through his phone on my bed. He looked up and ran over to me when he saw me holding Dust. "What happened? Is he okay?!" Killer asked looking down at him. 

"Calm down. He's fine. Just tired...And wet. And a little spooked.". He raised an eyebrow at me. I sighed, "I'll tell you later." I set Dust down, "You can go put on one of my hoodies." I told him. He just nodded and went to my closet. 

Dust pov:

I went to Horrors bathroom to dry myself off, then I slipped on one of his hoodies. It was really big on me but it was comfortable and warm. 

I opened the door and Horror and Killer looked over at me. Horror was leaning against the head board and Killer was laying down. I didn't say anything, I just crawled onto the bed and sat in Horrors lap. "I guess the hoodie's a little big for you, huh?" Killer asked looking at the big hoodie on my little frame. 

I smiled then put my head on Horrors shoulder. Horror let out a small laugh, then he leaned back more and shifted us so that we were laying down. 

"Sleepy?" He asked me. The rain was falling harder now which made me feel even more tired than I already was. I hugged him close then pulled Killer closer behind me, I laid in between them and closed my eyes. 

Killer pov:

A few seconds later, lightning struck and Dust flinched, then a loud rumble sound made him bury his face in Horrors chest. Horror held him tight, "It's alright, we got you." 

I looked at Horror then understood what happened on their mission. More lightning crackled then the power went out. The room was pitch black, and thunder boomed again. 

I sat up to get my phone off the side table and felt Dust lean onto me. I turned on the flashlight on my phone, and shone it over to Horror and Dust were. They squinted at the light then I moved it away. 

"Well this is fun." Horror said, sarcastically. "Maybe someone's going downstairs to try to fix it." I said, shining the light all around the room. Horror sighed, "I'll go check." He pulled his phone out of his pocket and turned on his flashlight, then walked out the door. 

I looked back at Dust, then I put him in my lap and leaned against the headboard. "Go to sleep, baby." I whispered while holding him. 

He leaned against me and closed his eyes. I put his headphones on him so he would be distracted from the thunder and lightning. I think it worked, because a few minutes later I heard soft snores coming from him. I kept his headphones on but turned the volume down so he would stay asleep.