Chapter 2 - Welcome To The Hunt

Start from the beginning

As soon as they noticed him on approach to the perimeter they drew their bows at him, despite their Goddess being right beside him. Their disposition towards men was brutally unbalanced in favour of his challenge. The Goddess didn't seem to be an impossible task, but these girls were giving him the feeling that he wouldn't sway them.

"Girls, enough. A lot has transpired on Olympus and as it turns out, you'd be extremely foolish to take on this Demigod." Artemis told them, bluffing slightly to ensure that they didn't actually try to kill him.

While Artemis was sure that eventually they'd probably succeed in subduing Perseus, she knew that there would be losses and that would be too much for her heart to bear if she was able to avoid the bloodshed.

A few slacked their bows and let it go, the others were a little more hesitant. It was only when the girl with the spear came up to the pair of them that the others seemed to register it and relax to the point that Perseus wasn't going to be intentionally attacked for the time being.

"Milady, do we know who his parent is? Is he one of us?" Thalia asked frantically, a measure of excitement in her voice. She looked at him curiously. She'd seen that he'd been capable of wielding lightning so to her the possibility of a distant relation elevated her mood immensely.

She was a lot warmer towards him now than when they'd previously met where she'd been neutral and held mild intrigue towards him.

"No, it's far more complicated than that Thalia, I'd rather we told you all together. Gather everyone at the campfire." the Goddess told her in response.

The girl nodded and began to round up the others. Perseus looked extremely confused and Artemis noticed this. Usually she wouldn't bother to give him any advice for free but there was something about him that she couldn't quite put her finger on.

There seemed to be a unique sense of light in the boy that she'd not seen before. It was almost like she was trying to convince herself that perhaps Perseus could be the one to succeed with such a task, and maybe she'd make a unique friend in the Asgardian before her.

"A few ground rules. These girls have all come from horrible backgrounds, they've all suffered terribly at the hands of males and simply do not trust them, and they will not trust you. If you are to succeed in your task, you're going to have to earn the trust of every single hunter in my camp." Artemis folded her arms and had a smug look on her face. He only saw this as a chance to rise to the challenge and take it head on, by the horns, as was his way of life.

"I suspected as much, and I will respect that. I will protect anyone that has suffered at the hands of man, that very much includes your hunters Lady Artemis." he told her confidently.

Artemis had to admit, this male was already seemingly above the rest of them, he'd come her way and was still confident in his task, even though the odds were against him. Artemis had three thousand years of hating males, so what chance did this one have? True he was one of a kind in terms of heritage, but that changed nothing.

At the moment.

"Agreed, I will specifically tell them that you are not to be attacked. In the camp your job should be obvious. You're incredibly powerful and I think that if we train you to be a real hunter then as the Hunt we can start tracking down some very strong monsters. Your job just to clarify is to strengthen and protect my Hunt and keep the girls safe. If you do that well enough then we'll see where we are with your task." she told him, watching as his expression remained the same.

"If you're wondering why I am acting calmly around you so to speak, I do not like you by any means, nor do I like this preposterous task set by my father, but I do respect the strength that you have, and hope that you have a matching strength of character to boot. I do not believe that you will succeed on your task but I'm not going to pass up the opportunity to have someone such as yourself essentially guarding the Hunt. Now let's go and tell the girls." Artemis strutted off towards the fire that had been put up in the time that they had been talking. Perseus sighed and followed, hoping that he didn't get an arrow in the ass anytime soon.