35. Birthday.

Chapter 35: Birthday.

"Regionals is three days away. I know I haven't been here for the past month, but I'm here now. Rebecca told me that you guys have perfected the routine. I won't be performing with you guys, but be rest assured that I will be the loudest one cheering for you from the sidelines." I say as the girls clap. "So, show me what you've been working on." I tell them.

Rebecca turns on the music and they start dancing. Camila walks into the dance studio.

She looks pissed.

"Valarie." She yells as I turn around, facing her.

The music stops as everyone waits for her to speak.

"Grayson just told me that you kissed him." She says, folding her arms.

I kissed him months ago. Why is he bringing it up now?

"Listen Camila, I didn't know he had a girlfriend at the time and he asked me to be his date to this thing. It just kinda happened. I'm-" Her hand on my cheek cuts me off.

She slapped me.

God, that hurt.

I've never seen her this angry before.

"Clip." She says, putting her hand out.

"You can't be serious, Cam. You want to kick me out, because I kissed a guy that just happened to be your boyfriend?" I ask her.

"No. I'm kicking you out because I trusted you and you went behind my back and kissed my boyfriend." She says, scowling at me.

"This happened last year, when I just got to Bradford. He was the first guy I met, I didn't even know you back then. You should be mad at him for not respecting you and your relationship with him, not me." I tell her.

"I already broke up with him and I'm done with you. Now, hand me your clip and bounce...bitch." She says, stepping up to me, looking me in my eye.

I shove her and she shoves me back. She punches my stomach and I return the favor. We start fighting and I can hear the team's panicked screams. I drag Camila by her hair and I swing her across the room. She groans as she touches her bleeding nose.

"You bitch." She says, glaring at me.

"This squad is mine now, so no. I will not hand in my clip. Now scram." I tell her, walking to the nearest mirror to fix my hair.

***

"Fights, Valarie. Really?" My mother says over the phone.

"She started it." I reply.

"That doesn't matter. It's still bad press for the family." She tells me as I roll my eyes.

"We're not the Kardashians, mom. No one cares about us." I tell her, scratching my head.

"Clean your act. I'm not going to tell you again." She says as I roll my eyes.

"Yes, mother." I say, groaning. She hangs up and I let out a sigh.

Someone knocks at my door and I open it.

"Hey." Camila says with an ice pack on her head.

"What are you doing here?" I ask her, folding my arms.

"I just wanted to apologize for earlier today. I was totally out of line." She tells me and I nod. "It's not your fault that Grayson kissed you." She says with tears in her eyes.

She really loves this douchebag.

"Come in." I tell her, opening the door wider.

"I just wanted us to work so bad. I thought we were endgame." She says and I nod.