ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 39

Start from the beginning

"Why?" he asked me with his eyes still closed but you could sense the slight disappointment in his voice.

"Because I don't want to lead you to a complete disappointment." and if we kept doing this, that's exactly what will happen, and I care about him too much to be another person on the list of people that broke Zeke's heart.

He pauses for a moment, I don't know if he fell asleep or if he's just thinking, but I just want him to understand that I'm doing this for him. I can't keep leading him on.

"Do you... do you still love him? Don't you have any feelings for me, not even a little, like I do?" he was hesitant, like he was scared of the answer.

An answer that I already knew, but wanted to deny. I didn't want to answer it, but I had to. I own him an explanation of why we can't be what we used to or what he could possibly want us to be.

"That's the problem, Zeke, I fell in love with him and when we fall for someone, there's no way back. I don't think I'll ever be able to fall for anyone else. Do I love you? Yes, I do, just not the way you want and deserve. I love you as my friend, and I don't think I'll be able to love you more than as a friend. I don't want you to get the rest of my broken heart because I know you deserve someone that can love you fully, with their heart and soul, and I know you'll find someone, I just need to get out of the way for your search." I raise my head looking into his bright blue eyes. He held a look of sadness but it was the best, I did this because I care about him.

"But we can still be friends, though. Just not with benefits." I didn't want to cut all the contact with him. I wanted him as a friend not as a lover.

"Okay. Do I get a break up kiss, even though we didn't date?" he asks with a small grin. I'm happy he's not angry, I guess he realized that he's worth more than what I can give.

I caressed his cheeks with my hands before leaning in and giving a quick peak on his lips. A smile breaking into mine and his lips as the both of us erupted on a fit of laugher.

It's good to know that just because I don't have feelings for him, we'll still be able to be friends, but this time with no benefits.

"I gotta go, before one of my brothers or fathers wakes up." I say getting up from the bed. I reach for my underwear, that luckily this time wasn't torn apart, putting them on. I then put on my oversized shirt and shorts.

"Later, loser." I open the door knob and scan the hallway, making sure no one is there. When I see nothing, I start to make my way to my room.

Now he can finally find someone that will love him fully.

Near my door, I could see a light a little far away on the hallway, it could be one of my brothers or my father. Me being curious, decided to go check and see.

I take silent steps, making sure no one would hear me, I don't want one of them seeing me full of hickeys. As I was near the door from where the light was coming from, I hear someone talking silently.

"I'll make sure she goes to the ball, Am." the voice that I recognize as Ashley's says. Her tone was annoyed as if she was repeating the same thing over and over again so that the person in the phone understands that she indeed was going to do it.

She was talking about a 'she' and the only girls in the house is either me or Brittany. Assuming she was talking about Brittany, I decided on going back to my room, but stopped as soon as I heard her saying my name.

"I already told you!" she whispered shouted on the phone. "Aurora will be going, weather she wants or not. I'll even drag her there if necessary, you'll be able to complete your plan."

She was talking about me, but who's Am? The person she was talking about me in the phone, who are they?

What plan are they talking about?

And then it finally clicked.

flashback

"You know, I underestimated you." he chuckles while shaking his head. "You can kill me for all I care, but this is not only about my revenge, there is way more that you don't know."

flashback over

Vladmir had told me, the kidnapping wasn't about his revenge against my father. He said there was way more that I didn't know.

Was Ashley working with him? But if I killed him, who's behind all of this?

I run to my room, still making sure I was silent. I need to know more. I'll wait a few minutes, as I know that soon my father will be awake, and then I'll talk to him.

But for now I'll just take a shower and change clothes, then apply some makeup so no one will be able to see the hickeys.

--------------------------

Thoughts? What do you think will happen next?