14. Jade Thirlwall

"Hey Sweetie." You smiled across the bar at Jade. 

You owned a cocktail bar where she usually ended up every Saturday night with the other girls. She always said she hated you because you were so arrogant. But you knew she wanted you as much as you wanted her. Deep down, you knew she loved you. 

"Ugh, why are you always working on a Saturday?" Jade rolled her eyes as she sat elegantly on the bar stool, crossing one of her legs over the other. 

"Because my only set day in is on a Saturday." You smiled cheerfully after winking playfully. 

"Can I not get someone else to serve me?" 

"No, it's busy Jeed." 

"It's Jade to you." She corrected you. Her voice was stone cold, just like the icy looks she shot at you. "I want to speak to the manager." She added. 

You chuckled hard. "I am the manager babe. Now stop being silly. What can I get you?" 

"Fuck sake." You heard her grumble under her breath. "Mix me a purple rain please." 

You were doing your usual tricks, throwing the cocktail tumbler in the air and tipping bottles. You knew it impressed the ladies, especially Jade. Of course she would deny it but the fascination in her eyes said it all. 

Once her drink was poured, you popped in a straw and slid it across the bar towards the brunette. She started to undo her purse to retreive some money before you put your hand on top of hers to stop her. Electricity shot between the pair of you. She could've denied it all she wanted, you knew she felt it. 

"Don't worry. It's on the house." 

"Why?" She raised an eyebrow. She knew you never gave any of your drinks away for free. 

"For the inconvenience and the way I make you feel like you can't enjoy your night." You gave a simple smile before walking away to serve some other VIP. 

"Well... thank you." She smiled softly before blowing a kiss and taking her drink with her as she walked away.  You knew that this had made Jade see a different light to your personality. 

A good hour had passed and Jade's boyfriend entered the bar full of style in his black apparel and his cocky attitude

A good hour had passed and Jade's boyfriend entered the bar full of style in his black apparel and his cocky attitude. you found it ironic how Jade said she absolutely hated you because you were full of yourself but there she was dating a guy who had the biggest attitude problem known to man. 

Usually, Jade's boyfriend would come over to the bar, order a whiskey and rub it in to you about how much Jade was his. Yoy felt the need to knock the smirk off his face every single time. He was obviously using Jade for her celebrity status and competition. The sooner Jade would realise that, the better. 

This time, he didn't head to the bar and his hardened face and distinctive miserable features were more visable than usual. He was mad. You knew this wasn't going to end well and with that, you kept your eyes right in his direction. 

Jade had kept glancing at you all night. You could feel her eyes burning on the back of your head. You could feel her eyes scanning down your body and the rare time that she faced someone else, you were doing the same to her. You wanted her. But not like all those other times. Your walls wrapped around your self confidence and huge ego were starting to crumble. You felt a weight crush down on yuor heart and butterflies swarmed the pit of your gut. You didn't just want Jade. You needed her. You loved her. You didn't understand what was even happening to you. 

Obviously, by this point the music was way too loud to hear what he was shouting from the other side of the club but you could almost see his aggressive tone. Poor Jade looked terrified. He was in her personal space, screaming in her face. Then you saw him lift his hand. 

In the space of twenty seconds, you had catapulted over the bar and sprinted over to where Jade and her boyfriend were stood. You pulled him back by his shoulder before he on his shoes and squared up to you. 

"I don't think so pal, not in my club. Get out!" You spoke coldly but casual. You weren't going to lose your cool to him. 

"Who the fuck do you think you are? I'm speaking with my girlfriend. If you don't mind, you can kindly get lost so I can finish telling her what I think of you." 

"Telling Jade what you think of me and raising your hand to her are two completely different things. You just waltz into MY club, walk up to MY bar, drink MY drinks and boast about how Jade is just a piece of competition for you. I'm surprised you even have the audacity to drink in MY bar, considering you apparently hate me so much. Jade deserves so much better than an arragant stuck up prick like you." You gritted your teeth together as your face reddened. When you looked over to Jade, she was shocked that you had defended her. 

He lifted his hand up and clenched it into a fist, ready to jab you in the face but to his surprise, you matched his quick reactions and punched him in the face first. He staggered back, holding his face. The bouncers then took hold of him and threw him out of the club. 

"Thank you." Jade spoke calmly as she followed you through the back of the bar and out onto the staff terrace where you had just sparked up a cigarette. You were still stressed and you knew she could tell. 

"It was nothing. I couldn't bare to watch him hurt you in any way. I already can't bare the fact that you're with him and not me." 

"Was with him." Jade corrected as she reached for your now half smoked cigarette out of your mouth, before flicking it to the ground and putting it out under her heel. "There's more than meets the eye with you Y/N. Underneath your cocky attitude, you really care about me." 

You had propped yourself up against a low wall and lowered your head. "I'm not really full of myself you know. I just wanted to impress you. I thought that was what you were into." 

The brunette sauntered towards you and closed the gap. She swept her arms around your neck. "Why would you want to do that?" 

"I guess- I mean I know-" You struggled to get your words out. "I really like you Jade." Your cheeks reddened.

"This is a love hate thing isn't it?" Jade giggled cutely. 

"What do you mean?" 

"I hate that I fucking love you right now." She almost purred before crashing her lips into yours.