Hiding in the dark

"Daisy, slow down." Y/n panted as she tried to drag herself to follow daisy. "I need a break."

"We can't have a break, y/n, you know who's chasing us. We need to find everyone else." Daisy explained.

"Cant we just like..." she placed her hands on her knees while catching her breath, "shout for them?"

Daisy looked at her, sarcastically. "And let everyone else here know where we are? That's smart, it really is."

"Well- I don't know, I think I'm about to pass out, don't expect the best ideas out of me right now." She dropped her head.

"Right. If you really can't go any further, I think we go in that room to hide for a moment while you regain your strength, then we'll go find the others." Daisy suggested.

"In the shitty supply closet? That's a stupid fucking idea." Y/n scoffed, only because she was drained of her energy and filled with frustration.

"Have you got a better one?" She asked before looking up to the ceiling with annoyance.

"Let's just..." the witch cut herself off the moment a small movement at the end of the hall brought her attention away from her. When she squinted and got a suspicion of what it was, she stood up straight and held her hand out in front of daisy, "what the fuck is that?"

"What?" Daisy turned. Her confidence dropped the moment she saw who it was, which was clear in the way she froze immediately. She stared forward into the dark hall, but the face staring back was her own - only angrier.

"I thought you said you killed her." Y/n whispered to daisy as she began slowly walking backwards.

"I said i fought her, not killed." She argued in a whisper.

"Okay, well maybe your plan doesn't seem stupid right now." Y/n told her while searching for a room out the corner of her eye.

"Oh, really?" Daisy huffed before grabbing y/n's arm and pulling her into the nearest room with a door.

The door slammed behind them and the room plummeted to a thick silence with a fading light. The moment they could stop running, y/n sat on a stack of slabs to catch her breath and let her leg rest, while daisy barricaded the doors.

After she was sure that the door was secure, daisy turned and watched the way y/n was desperately trying to suppress her pain.

She looked at her with sympathy, "you okay? Can i do anything to help?"

'No, you're fine, thank you." She took a breath, "i just need a minute."

"Yeah, that's fine, I'll guard the door." She assured her while she pulled a stack of bricks over to the door to sit on.

After a little segment of silence, y/n decided to speak as if it would distract her from her pain, which it did, for a moment. "I could really do with a drink right now."

"Do you want me to see if I can find water? It might not be the best, but it-" daisy began offering before she was interrupted by a little chuckle coming from y/n.

"No, daisy." Y/n shook her head. "A proper drink, I mean."

"Oh." Daisy nodded when she realised, then she smiled. "I don't think this place will have any."

"It's fine, Sharon will have some when we get wanda and get out of here." She took another breath.

Daisy watched her with sympathy and that small spot of love she would always have for her. "Y/n, seriously, if you need help, I'm here."

She left it a moment, before groaning in pain, "can you give me the sleeve of your jacket?"

"Uh- yeah, of course." She nodded, instantly taking her jacket off to begin tearing at the sleeves.

When daisy handed her the sleeve, y/n took it with whatever smile she could put on. "Thanks."

Daisy watched for a moment before talking to distracted y/n from the pain she sensed she'd have from trying to bandage up her wound with what she had.

"I gotta admit," she began, "you're holding up pretty well."

Y/n looked up at her with a small smirk, "I've always been good in these kinds of situations."

"What situations?" Daisy furrowed her brows, "you've fought evil versions of your team before?"

"I have actually. You know that, you did fight by my side." She reminded her.

"Oh, right." She smiled to herself. "How could I forget?"

Y/n gave her a look, "your memory shocks me."

"Hey, it's not that bad." Daisy watched y/n carefully as she began tightening the bandage. "I'd say I've been through enough shit to forget little details."

"I wouldn't say that's a little detail. That's a massive thing that happened." She grunted through gritted teeth while holding in her pain.

"Okay, well it's not as fucked as what we're going through right now."

Y/n nodded to herself while she thought. "It is fucked, isn't it?"

"Yeah. That's one way to put it." She shrugged.

"I don't know what she wants. I mean- I know she wants power, but I don't know why she's doing this- why's she bringing out all these evil versions of us? It can't be to distract us, can it?" Y/n asked without expecting daisy to provide a good enough answer. "What's her motive behind this?"

Of course, daisy didn't know what to say. She dropped her head and fidgeted with her hands while trying to think of something, but y/n didn't have any hope that she'd come up with the right thing.

Her question sunk the room to a silence, and y/n dropped her head as well. She looked down at the ground while slipping short breaths from her mouth until something finally made a sound.

"I want to see how long it takes for you to crack."

The words were faint - almost completely inaudible- but y/n noticed them. After hearing the reply, y/n lifted her head to look at daisy. "What did you say?"

But daisy shook her head in confusion. "I didn't say anything."

"No- just a minute ago, you-." She instantly froze the moment she realised who it was. A breath escaped from her, "holy shit," then she pushed herself up just moments after.

"Y/n, you need to stay down." Daisy told her as she watched her head for the door, "what are you doing?"

Y/n turned to daisy without taking any longer to consider her next actions. "I'm ending this."