A jet incoming

"Can you please make sure that you fold the blanket when you put it on the bed?" Wanda called into her bedroom from where she stood in the kitchen.

She was standing lightly on her feet while she loaded an array of fruits into a petite, wicker basket. A smile occupied her face as she did so, while a light shuffle took over her step. Meanwhile, y/n was trying to tidy the bedroom as much as she could in the short time they had until they planned to leave.

The sun was out and shining bright in the blue sky while the trees stood still at the lack of the wind in the air. The day couldn't have been more peaceful, so the two decided to spend the day with a blanket and fruits on the outside grass.

Y/n's headache had simply vanished, though she suspected that it had only hidden at the back of her mind, waiting for the right moment to sneak back up on her. But, due to how beautiful the day outside was, she decided to push away the paranoia and try to enjoy it.

"Come on, hurry up." Wanda whined impatiently as y/n left the bedroom.

"I'm ready, it's you that needs to put your fucking shoes on." She playfully grunted as she began fluffing the noticeably flat cushions on the couch.

"It's not me, oh my fucking god." Wanda playfully rolled her eyes before turning to look out of the window.

Her look at the nature around them was a mindlessly and calm gaze until she saw something in the distance. She squinted and fixated on what it was to figure it out, but she couldn't seem to. However, she moment the suspicion entered her mind, she let go of her breath and tensed.

"Y/n, what is that?" Wanda asked, standing frozen as she looked out the window.

"What's what?" She asked as she turned and stopped fluffing the pillows.

Wanda pointed to the jet that was approaching the cabin, "that."

Thinking nothing of it, y/n made her way to stand with Wanda at the window. She placed her hand on her shoulder and rubbed it gently as she looked, but it slowly slipped off when her body froze at the sight she saw.

It wasn't so much a freeze out of fear, but a reaction of confusion as to why a sword jet was heading the way of the cabin.

"Are we gonna have to fight that?" Wanda asked without taking her eyes off of it as it landed on the grass.

"No, it's not a fighter jet." Y/n replied in a monotone voice as her attention was completely captured by the jet as its doors opened.

"How do you know?" Wanda turned to her.

"It's not a fighter jet." She assured her before placing her hand on the handle of the front door.

"Wait, y/n," Wanda impulsively blurted, which caught her attention, "if you need to use your powers, can you promise me you'll be careful?"

"Wanda, I'm not gonna need to use them." She told her.

"I'm saying that if you do... be careful."

"I don't need to-."

"Y/n, just promise me." She warned her, though her tone began to make it seem like a beg.

Y/n stopped arguing back and looked at wanda in the eyes, "okay." She nodded, "I promise."

During the time that the two girls were talking, the pilot of the jet had already left it and began their walk over to the door. Then, just as y/n was about to open the door to confront them, they placed a gently and harmless knock upon the wooden door.

The moment they heard the knock, the two girls gave each other a look of warning and took a breath. Then, with no further hesitation, y/n twisted the handle and pulled the door open with a force. When she saw the woman who stood before her, her face dropped to a confused scrunch.

"Monica?" She furrowed her brows, "hi, hey, what are you doing here?"

She shrugged, "am I not allowed to stop by to see a friend?"

"This is like... 8 hours out of your way."

"Fine, I wanted to take you," she leant over to see wanda, "and wanda, if she wants, to see the new and improved sword."

"Oh, uh," y/n turned to wanda for answers, but wanda's face held no response, "yeah, yeah, come in for a second."

Monica smiled and entered the cabin, "this is a nice little place you two have."

"Thanks." Wanda smiled, finally leaving from where she was standing, "do you want anything? A drink? Food?"

"Uh, no, I'm fine, thank you." She smiled back to her, "I just wanted to come and take you guys to see the new sword."

Y/n tilted her head with a small squint, "what if just didn't go with you?"

"What?"

"I just mean... what would've you have done if you flew all the way out here just to ask me something but I said no?" She added, shrugging.

"Then I would've dragged you onto that jet and taken you there anyway." She told her.

"Yeah, that's fair." Y/n nodded.

Monica noticed the basket by wanda's side and furrowed her brows, "am I interrupting something?"

"We were just gonna go outside to eat lunch, but.. we can go to sword." Wanda shrugged.

"You can bring it on the jet." Monica assured her, "you shouldn't have to waste it."

"Yeah, we'll bring that and join you on the plane." Y/n told her.

"Great." Monica smiled before turning to leave out of the door to get back into the jet.

Without saying anything, y/n crouched down beside wanda and picked up the wicker basket for her and turned back to the door. However, when she sensed that wanda was lingering in the room behind her, she turned and paused.

"Wanda, you coming?" She asked.

"Yeah, I just..." she sighed, "I-... it's nothing."

"Are you sure? You can tell me if somethings wrong, you know that, right?" Y/n assured her.

"Yeah." Wanda smiled, taking y/n's hand in her own, "let's go see the new sword."