Fighting with the face of the lover

Although it wasn't, the evening seemed to be so calm and normal. The girls sat on the couch and watched the new season of killing eve liked they planned while cuddling up to each other the entire time, but y/n couldn't help but keep glancing down at wanda with suspicion.

Now matter how interesting the scene on the screen was, y/n didn't take her eyes off of wanda who rested her head on her lap. She furrowed her brows the more she thought about the little - seemingly insignificant - way wanda declined the thing they'd promised to do anytime she gave her a rock.

Then, when the episode they were on came to an end and wanda turned to look at y/n with a soft smile, she calmly released the tense breath she'd been holding on to and thought for a moment.

"Wanda." She called, her voice harbouring the tone of questioning.

"Yeah?" Wanda answered while looking up at her with a happy smile on.

"You know the rock I gave you when we came in?" She asked.

"That one on the table?" Wanda asked back, pointing to it, "what about it?"

"It was just a joke. I wanted it to seem random, yeah?" She began her trail of lies.

Wanda smiled, "yeah, I assumed."

Y/n nodded carefully, "mhm. Because... I've never gotten you a rock before. I thought it would be funny."

"Yes, I know." She rolled her eyes playfully and laughed softly.

"One last question." The witch who was truly herself gulped in preparation.

"Is this an interview?" Wanda chuckled, "wow."

"No." Y/n shook her head and shrugged her shoulders, "just curious."

Wanda nodded, "okay then, ask away."

"Where's max?" Y/n asked, her eyes piercing into wanda's face to catch any slight confusion she might let slip, "our dog."

After a moment of cleverly disguising her confused thought process, wanda shrugged, "I don't know, love. Last time I saw him, I let him out. He's probably in our room."

"Of course." She nodded, "I wouldn't be surprised if he's in our room. You know how much he loves your signature green blanket, don't you?"

"Exactly." Wanda smiled and turned her head back to the tv.

Y/n sighed, "I'm still surprised that green is your favourite colour. You know, considering that your entire aesthetic is red. It's weird, don't you think?"

Catching on to what y/n was doing, wanda clenched her jaw but kept her head towards the screen. Then, through y/n's body flew the feeling from whoever was lying on her. A sudden tenseness swarmed through her arms, filling her whole body; but, of course, it wasn't hers. It was the feeling she was able to understand from the girl on her lap, and it was the feeling of preparation. It was a tensity that was edging to its end, as if the girl she was with was going to pounce at any moment.

In an attempt to be sly, y/n tried to calmly shuffle wanda off of her lap using the excuse, "I'm gonna go make us some drinks. You don't need to pause it, I'll be watching from back there."

Just as y/n was about to lift herself up off of the couch, wanda subtly placed her hand on her leg to calmly stop her, "have some of my drink, it's on the table."

"Oh, well I'll get some food then. Strawberries and killing eve, our two favourite things." She tried to smile.

Wanda looked at her, biting the skin on her cheek as she realised that y/n figured it out. She paused for a moment, "stay."