Hansul led him outside the department, to the little garden attached to the side where the disappearing moon gave out a pale glow against the purple sky.

"You know Taehyung, i... never really expected that of you," the younger began slowly, shoving his hands inside the pockets of his pants as he eyed the small glowing orb. From the corner of his eyes he glanced at his senior who squirmed is discomfort. "Though it'd be a lie to say i didn't see this coming."

Taehyung frowned a little but said nothing, standing perfectly still as the early morning breeze brushed through his hair.

"Since the day you came back after winning the case against the state, it was odd enough that you refused to bad mouth any of them (a/n:his kidnappers) let alone give out more information than that one evidence you gave in the court. Even with that, no one could prove anything against the Jeon mafia. It was like a clean slate. However we never said anything against you because you were considered the direct victim... but were you really hyung?" Hansul asked him directly. Although he was young he was known around the department to have a blunt mouth.

Taehyung's frown turned into a blank expression. He crossed his hands over his chest and looked down at his shoes, mind reeling for about a whole minute before he slowly shook his head.

"No," Taehyung looked up again," i wasn't one Hansul." He admitted what the truth was.

The younger boy nodded, lips pursed into a taut line before he looked ahead as well. They could here the morning birds chirp and hop around the trees, beckoning the faint sunlight filtering through the layer of darkness.

"You know why I decided to join the police force hyung?" Taehyung shook his head his slowly, allowing Hansul to continue talking with a small smile,
"When i was a kid, my father always told me... those bedtime stories? About evil men and superheroes... haha they used to be my personal favorite you know. I imagined it all, the bad guys with the guns threating the world and myself as the guy who ended up saving everyone. When i grew up that-that thing became an obsession. People don't really talk about it but righteousness can become an obsession too. You know, to prove the world that goodness exists and will eventually prevail and take over the bad." Hansul laughed lightly, and Taehyung turned to look at him in slight confusion.

"But... when you grow up and realize those dreams... it's never really what you expect. The good isn't always as it seems nor is the bad. Us police officers... we know what goes on in the department when no one is looking. We know the weaknesses we try so hard to brush under the covers of glory, don't we?" Taehyung chuckled a little, nodding along with the boy's oddly  accurate  words.

"It's not a world of black and white, just a huge range of grey... And our hearts are dumb enough to not be able to navigate in that certain grey area, ever. Our hearts... don't choose who we love, based on who the person is."

Hansul smiled and peered down at the dirt of his shoes. The silence that followed was comfortable and Taehyung couldn't have been more thankful to the younger for all this.

"So... do you... love him?" He then asked the elder, voice soft but heavy with an emotion that was visible even to the blind.

Taehyung gulped and looked away. He didn't answer, but then slowly admitted the truth. Hansul smiled again but the pain was clear. He just lost his crush to a criminal. It was always the bad guys who took away the chics. Always.

Hansul sighed, training his gaze upon the small part of the moon that was still visible in the quickly lightening sky.

"Then that's that, you shouldn't regret it at all."

Taehyung smiled half heartedly at the boy's words. He shouldn't regret loving Jungkook?

Too bad he was already beginning to.