CHAPTER 24: She Will Be Safe

I don't have enough patience to wait till midnight to update again.
*smiles sheepishly*

Third Person's POV:

Harper drew her legs closer to her, placing her chin on her knees, hugging her body, her back against the headboard of the bed. At least he didn't lock her in a warehouse or something. At least from here she could see outside, but couldn't ask for help because firstly, the door is locked, secondly, she realised that they are at a very high floor.

It's not a hotel but it seems like a penthouse.

It was late at night and she felt so weak having cried so much and not eating something. Isaiah did bring her some food and she refused to eat which made him angry and he took it away.

She missed Gareth. She missed his hugs, his kisses, his touches, his words, his assuring smile. Everything.

Oh, how she wished to be in his arms.

The door opened and Isaiah walked in with a plate in his hand. She just glanced at him and faced away from him. His sight made her sick.

He sat down on the edge of the bed, infront of her. "Come on, Harper eat something." His tone was unbelievably soft.

She refused to look at him and he sighed. "Please. You want your child to be healthy, don't you?"

She scoffed with her head still turned away from him. "As if you care about it."

"I care about you." He stated firmly surprising her.

"Liar. If you cared even a single bit about me, you wouldn't lock me in here."

"It's just to make sure you don't run away."

"How caring." She said sarcastically finally looking at him.

He didn't have an evil look on his face, instead his features had softened and he looked hurt.

"I do care about you, Harper." He spoke again, staring into her eyes. "But you keep running away from me. It drives me crazy. Especially to know you are engaged to Gareth Wilbrose of all people."

"Why do you hate him so much?"

"As if he doesn't reciprocate the same amount of hate for me." He rolled his eyes.

"Gareth will find me." She told him. "He will find me, Isaiah and he wouldn't spare you then."

"He is busy hating you for leaving him, Harper. He doesn't have time to look for you." He gritted his teeth, leaning closer.

Harper's face paled in realising Gareth actually thinks she left him. More tears threatened to fall on that thought.

Isaiah's features softened yet again on seeing the tears in her eyes. Yes. He did care for her. However, he was obsessed with her so he would do anything to keep her with him. Even if it meant kidnapping her.

He gently brushed away the tears with his thumb making Harper cringe and lean back from him. She didn't have the energy to fight him.

He picked up the plate of rice and curry which he had placed on the nightstand and extended it to her. "Please, Harper. Have something. I know you are hungry."

"I am not." She lied, sniffing.

He brushed away a strand of stray hair behind her ear and filling the spoon with some rice and curry and took the spoon to her mouth. Cursing his nervous disorder when his hands started to shake but somehow kept it steady enough to not spill it.

He kept pestering her since she refused to open her mouth. She groaned loudly and snatched the spoon from him and ate it. "Happy?" She asked sarcastically.