CHAPTER 5: Abortion

Harper's POV:

I pressed my palm against my belly as my eyes teared up.

No. I won't cry.

I have made my decision.

I sat back straight in the chair, waiting for my turn to meet the doctor.

My financial and mental condition isn't good enough to raise this child.

Instead of bringing this child into this world and letting it suffer due to poverty or my inability of being a good mother, it's better to...abort it.

Plus the father of the child doesn't give a fuck about it either.

'I don't care. Do as you wish.' His words echoed in my mind making my heart shatter over and over again.

It feels the history is repeating itself.

Did I really expect him to be happy about this? No.
But at least, he could have tried...

No.

Don't think about him.

I don't give a fuck about him or the...child. I am aborting it and that's final.

But...

Is it okay to kill an innocent who didn't even get the chance to open its eyes?

I am a murderer.

A tear escaped my eyes and rolled down my cheek and I wiped it away with the back of my palm.

You can do this.

No. I can't. I can't kill my own child. So what if its father doesn't want it.

You can do this.

Thankfully the corridor was empty so no one could see the tears falling from my eyes.

I got up from the chair. I can do this.

It's wrong.

It's my decision! I can do the fuck I want with this child.

I heard some footsteps running down the corridor behind me and when I turned around, I saw Gareth running towards me. His hair was all messy, the tie was hanging loose around his neck, the sleeves of his shirt were rolled up to his elbows. He looked like a mess.

Seeing me, he slowed down and stopped at a distance, breathing heavily and intensely staring at me.

Then he quickly covered the distance between us and grabbed my shoulders. "Tell me you didn't abort it." His eyes desperately searched mine for answer.

The door to the doctor's cabin opened and she stepped out. "Ms Collins, you are next."

A look of relief crossed his face on realising I didn't abort it yet. But why?

I turned to the doctor to give a reply and her eyes fell on Gareth, widening slightly in surprise.

"Harper." He slowly turned my head towards him. "Please don't abort it."
His eyes seemed to be pleading me.

"I have already made my decision", I stated.

"I am sorry. I am really sorry. I shouldn't have said all that. Just please don't abort it." He begged.

"I am sorry, Mr Wilbrose but..." The doctor interrupted us. "But you can't force her to keep this child. It's her choice."

Gareth's jaw clenched. "Can you please let us talk in private for a few minutes?"

She nodded and stepped back inside her cabin leaving us alone.

I took a step back from him. "You only told me to do as I wish. And I am doing what I feel is right."