CHAPTER 8: Pissed Him Off

Harper's POV:

Gareth wasn't in the room when I woke up. His pillow was neatly placed back on the bed and his duvet was already folded.

I did my morning routine and went downstairs for breakfast.

Diana set down a plate of food infront of me and I digged in.

Gareth walked in a few minutes later in a pair of jeans and a t shirt.

"Breakfast?" Diana asked him politely.

"No need", he muttered a bit rudely.

"Why?"

"Not that hungry", he said in the same tone.

I felt a bit bad for Diana but she didn't seem to mind it.

He walked past her and opened the refrigerator taking out two pieces of bread and frowned on not finding something he was looking for.

"Where's the damn butter?" He said in an exasperated plus anger laced tone, slamming the door of the refrigerator shut.

"It's here." Diana handed him the box of butter kept on the counter.

He made himself a bread butter sandwich and went out of the kitchen munching on it.

"Geez." Diana rolled her eyes. "Did he not sleep well last night?"

"I don't know." I said sheepishly, ignoring the part where I made him sleep on the floor. "Why?"

"Whenever he doesn't sleep well, he is grumpy the whole day."

"Thank goodness he doesn't have to go to office today. Or his employees would have had a hard day." She added.

And I gave her a tight smile not knowing what to say.

She started washing the dishes and looked at me over the shoulder. "Don't you have to go to the restaurant today?"

"No. Aeryn told me to have a few days off and rest."

She hummed in response and continued washing the dishes. I gave my empty plate to her and was about to move out of the kitchen when my vision blurred. And I blinked a few times trying to clear it.

My head spun and dizziness washed over me. My knees buckled and I fell down on the floor and heard Diana exclaim. "Harper!"

I placed my hand over my forehead. What all is happening with me?

Just then Gareth came running into the kitchen and frowned on seeing me on the floor.

"What are you looking at?" Diana questioned him when he just stood there. "Call a doctor!"

"No. I am fine." Saying, I tried standing up and feet wobbled, before I could fall, Diana grabbed my arm and steadied me.

Gareth had already called the doctor. When Diana glared at him, gesturing him to hold me.

He subtly rolled his eyes. "I have been told to not touch her."

Diana looked at me and I smiled sheepishly. Rolling her eyes she helped me walk out to the living room and made me sit down on the couch.

She then brought me a glass of water that I drank and they both stood there, watching me, scrutinizing my face as if I just had a heart attack.

"I am fine! Stop looking at me like that." I said exasperatedly.

Diana made me lie down on the couch and Gareth left to God knows where.

That man doesn't even care.