CHAPTER 22: Why?

Everyone buckle up your seatbelts...

Third Person's POV:

Gareth kissed Harper's forehead lingeringly as she was still lying on the bed. "Give me a call if something happens, okay?"

Harper nodded her head in agreement and he pecked her lips before leaving for office.

She has been acting strange for the past few days and Gareth can't shake off the feeling that something is wrong and she isn't telling him.

He even asked her to not go for work for a few days but she refused saying she gets bored at home.

All the way to the office, his thoughts were stuck on Harper and what could possibly be wrong.

Either she is not feeling well normally because of pregnancy or that asshole Isaiah showed up again and she isn't telling him.

He has decided to confess his feelings tonight. Tonight he will tell her how much he loves her. Tonight. He felt nervous thinking about it. Maybe she will tell him then what's wrong.

Parking his car, his stepped out and walked inside the building, people greeting him as he acknowledged them all with a small smile and a nod.

Kyle met him at the reception with a file in his hand. "Your brother has asked for you signature on this, Gareth. It's urgent."

Gareth nodded swept his eyes over the page swiftly before signing his name at the bottom and entered the elevator with Kyle beside him.

Kyle cleared his throat. "Are you okay, sir?"

Gareth sighed deeply. "Yes, Kyle. Why do you ask?"

"You seem to be concerned about something..."

"Harper seems to be concerned about something and she isn't telling me."

"Oh... maybe...she is thinking of confessing her feelings to you and she is nervous..." Kyle suggested.

"No... it's something else..." Gareth thought about something and spoke again, his jaw clenching. "Make a call to Isaiah Abraam's office. I want to have a word with him."

The elevator opened and they stepped out. "Okay, sir." Kyle answered going off to his small office as Gareth walked inside his office.

Removing his suit's jacket, he draped it over his chair and sat down, rolling the sleeves of his shirt upto his elbows and loosened his tie running his fingers through his hair.

A minute later, his intercom buzzed and he pressed the button. "Yes, Kyle?"

"Sir, I called Mr Abraam's office but his assistant said he left for Australia for a business meeting yesterday."

His jaw clenched. "Fine. Thank you."

He leaned back in his chair, placing both his hands behind his head. Lifting his legs, he rested it on his desk, one on top of the other.

If Isaiah isn't here then what is troubling her?

A headache started to form as he rubbed his temples.

Something is terribly wrong. He could sense it.

An hour passed away, he was reading some file but couldn't concentrate on it, his thoughts wandering off to Harper every another minute.

Exasperated, he pushed away the file and picked up his phone called Harper.

It was switched off.

Nervousness started to kick in and he immediately called Diana who picked up a few rings later. "Yes, Gareth?"

"Where's Harper?"