4: I'm Deluding Myself

"M--Momiji...-kun...."

Now that everyone had had breakfast, the group of teens proceeded to get dressed and begin getting ready for school.

That is, everyone except the rabbit.

Tohru stepped into the spare bedroom to visit the young blonde, who was laying peacefully in bed.

But...when she laid her eyes on him, she realised he wasn't that peaceful at all.

...the young, childish boy, who normally sported a broad smile and a young heart, was sitting up.

Staring into the air, with no life left in his eyes.

-------------------

(Shigure's P.O.V)

I reached the estate, and sauntered into the hallway towards Akito's room. The God would surely be furious at my appearance, for she would know that I was let out of the Cage by someone other than Kureno since I arrived so quickly.

....but I didn't care. I'd been locked up for two days, and had paid my dues for punishment. The God of the Zodiac didn't scare me, or breed reluctance or insecurity in me...

Her very presence made me ache, knowing I could never possess her to be my own...

I stepped up to the familiar door to Akito's room. Inside, I could feel her presence looming; the very thought of me escaping this meeting without another set of physical or mental wounds, was extremely low.

But I would do what I had to.

Because she, of all things, was my prize.

I closed my fingers around the door handle and slowly slid the panel open. My eyes rose to gaze the head of the family as she sat in the middle of the room, leaning to one side boredly.

Her back was to me.

"Akito-san....I've come, as requested."

It wasn't often that I actually felt fury in her words. It wasn't often that I felt threatened by her demeanour, even when she cornered me and hit me in the face, or scratched me because I didn't pay enough attention. More often than not, I got away with being fine; with being able to absorb her abuse, all the while guarding my emotions from any damage.

But tonight -

Akito was furious. I could tell by the way she didn't move as I entered.

"I see..."

Whatever she was referring to, it seemed her mind was already made up.

"So...it really was her...."

------------

"I.....I can't....teach Kisa anymore..."

Momiji's voice was trembling, his eyes shaking with terror as he recollected the memories of Akito beating him on New Year's.

Tohru, anxious and worried, immediately stepped forward and dropped to her knees at the Rabbits bedside. She placed a hand on his shoulder, trying to use her warmth to slow his shaking.

"Momiji...you can. I'm sure you dance so well...and I'm sure Kisa would love to learn from -"

"N---No."

The young blonde barely stammered out his words. He continued to stare infront of him at nothing in particular, but in his head, the memories of the humiliation he suffered at Akito's hands were as fresh as ever.

"He said..I could never hope to complete the traditional dance properly..."

Tohru moved her hand to rub Momiji's back, but still, he barely flinched.