The Mask Comes Off

Time for a more serious chapter. To be honest, Kushida is really underrated in the COTE fandom, despite being a more interesting character than almost all of them, especially Kei. :)

This is an idea that I have wanted to do for a while with Kushida being the main character. It takes place a little after the summer vacation island exam year 1.

Kushida POV

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, someone who knows I hate Horikita Suzune with a passion, someone who appears close to my enemy, is someone I have made an enemy out of simply because he witnessed my outburst after the party celebrating Sudou's voided expulsion.

I became obsessed with him.

I want to know more about how much he knows about me, what his goals are, his ideals, his methods for reaching those goals, and what he's capable of.

Most importantly, I want to know what he really thinks about me.

Well, now that I have showed that side of me to him, even if it was just a glimpse, he probably thinks I'm terrifying and disgusting, a two-faced bitch. Honestly, I wouldn't blame him, but at the same time, I just couldn't afford the risk that he would keep quiet without extra assurance.

After all, I only wish to live a normal, peaceful high school life.

"Kushida-san, shall we go to that nearby café to grab a bite for lunch?" Some of my 'friends' stated.

This whole facade is sickening, and I hate pretending, but it's still better than that disgusting person I was back then...

I shook my head. "No. Sorry, but I have somewhere to be."

I noticed Ayanokouji-kun standing up and walking out of the room right as Chabashira-sensei began putting the results of our first year midterms on the board.

Most of these defects weren't paying attention aside from Horikita and me since they're either talking to each other or leaving for lunch break.

The average scores on all midterm tests combined:

1. Ayanokouji Kiyotaka - 98

2. Koenji Rokusuke - 92

3. Horikita Suzune - 89

4. Yukimura Teruhiko - 87

5. Hirata Yousuke - 86

12. Kushida Kikyou - 76

33. Sudou Ken - 59

Passing grade (class average) - 56

36. Ijuuin Wataru - 53

37. Yamauchi Haruki - 48

38. Miyamoto Soshi - 43

39. Shinohara Satsuki - 37