Ch 33 Have to let go

Start from the beginning

I went in. "Oh Violetta sweetie how are you?" She hugged me.

"I am good, Katherine. How have you been?" She was a sweet short blonde lady with a bob hairstyle and a cute personality.

"Cant complain. It's been better." I heard from Henry that his parents are going from a rough patch. "I have selected a few good onces, and you would look just beautiful in them. " she changed the topic, and i didn't stress her.

She showed me the dresses. They looked abit old fashioned but never the less lovely. I am not the one to complain but I thought the dress is something i could control. But she looked so happy I couldn't say anything. It's just a dress it doesn't matter.

I went in to try them. I got into one dress. It was princess cut. I tried it and came out.

"Awww you look beautiful dear. So precious." She wiped her tears. I liked Kathrine. She was a warm kind lady. "Let me fix your veil." She got up from her seat and came to me. I looked myself in the mirror.

It's pretty not bad, not wow but it's beautiful.

The shop lady who was helping me got a phone call. It got my attention cause she was speaking in French. I remember when I went to try to bridesmaids dress on and Marcus compliments me something in French. Which till date I don't know what it means. How is he doing? I haven't let myself think of him for a while... is he with someone new or Natasha? I miss his voice and those ocean deep eyes holding secrets in them.

I was lost in my thoughts and didn't hear Kathrine calling me.

"Dear.... Dear! So shall we take it?" She pulled me from my through the.

"Yeah, let's do it." I smiled at her .

She gave me a polite smile.  I was still thinking about Marcus. I don't know why he has such a hold on me. Even though He broke my heart, I just can't think about anything but him.

We went to the counter to pay. Kathrine noticed me in dazed.

"Can you hold off a second." She told the cashier and pulled me to a side to talk. We sat on the sofa. "You can tell me dear."

"What? I don't understand" I smiled.

"I love you like my own daughter. I have know you for a long time and even though Henry is in board with all this, it's upto you to decide. Your going to spend you whole life... " she told me.

"I don't understand what u mean Katherine—"

She looked at me with a sad smile," Are you happy?"

"All I ever wanted was Henry to propose and get married. I love him so, it's ... perfect." I didn't know how to react.

She held my hand," I love my son, and it's not like I want to break up his relationship. But I love you like my own. Maybe be not now, but in a few years ... if it's regret then it's not a relationship no matter much you love him. It's like a job then... it's not love honey. so let me ask you again. Are you happy?"

I couldn't smile anymore.

"Are you in love with him?"

I couldn't answer her.

"Who do you see when you close your eyes?"

Marcus.

"You have to live with your choices. So chose wisely..."

My heart hurt. Like it's twisted in knots. My eyes filled with tears, as they fell without control. I knew the answer. The answer which I was avoiding. All along I knew.

"I am sorry..." I cried. "I am so sorry... sorry.." I broke down crying. She hugged me.

"Shhh, it's okay... " she patted my head. "It will be okay."