Murphy sighed, "I think she's right."

Rose smiled, "Now tell me."

"Rose, I don't think you should be out here anymore without your family," Jake said causing Rose to frown.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean it's high time you went back to your family, to your friends," Jake said, his gaze fixed on her.

"But I don't know-" Rose started but soon Jake cut her off.

"I know where you worked, I know where Edward is, I think you should find him now."

"You know?" Her vision got blurry and she tried her best to not start crying, does that mean she can finally see him? Her Edward?

"I know, you should come with me, I'll take you to Edward, I don't think you are safe here and especially when you're pregnant," Jake said calmly.

After a while, Rick cleared his throat, "I think he's right," he took a deep breath trying to control his emotions, "You really need to go back to your family, as much as we want to protect you, you would be safer there, with your close people," he said, his voice cracking at the last part.

The feeling he was absorbed in right now, was indescribable, he was the one to bring Rose into their camp and he, was also the one, to make the decision, to tell her to leave with Jake. The salty water not only filled his eyes but also, blocked his voice.

Shawn was shocked and glared at Rick, but Rick shot him a knowing look, and that was all needed for Shawn to remember why Rick made such a hard decision. Soon his glare was replaced by the salty water, he couldn't even imagine spending his time, their time without his best friend, they were a family now. Who would like it if his family member was going somewhere else to live?

He tried to control his tears that threatened to fall and pursed his lips taking deep breaths, he stared at the ground, gulping he took another deep breath, his eyes seemed wet, "Rick's right. You should go with Jake."

 The words were too difficult for him to say, for Rick to say, but now they didn't even have any other clue.

Ethan didn't say anything, his face explained it all, his vision got blurry and soon he went to his tent not bothering to say anything.

Well for Murphy and Zac, they stared at Rick, possibly wondering why he was quick to say such things. They wanted to fight for that kind girl one last time, who showed them nothing but kindness, Murphy glared at Rick while Zac looked lost in his thoughts. They didn't want her to go, not after everything.

And for Landon, he looked angry. Angry at Kedron for going there today and coming here telling such news, Angry at Rick for not doing anything.

 Gabby started sobbing quietly. Although she knew Rose only for two weeks, she had a female company, a friend to share her thoughts with who could finally understand her.

Ervin shot Rose a sympathetic look, he also wanted Rose to stay there, with them.  Kedron looked at the ground, ashamed. 

Eric stood there looking lost, the fact that he thought of this kind girl as his close friend, just like Zac, he also wanted to help her. Isabella stared at her with pity in her eyes.

And Colton and Jake looked relieved, although for completely different reasons.

One thing was sure, they all liked her kindness, her wanting to help, and her pure humanity and love whether they confessed it or not.

For a while, Rose just stared at them, speechless, searching their faces, what could possibly happen that they are sending her now? What could be so bad that they didn't even bother to try? Why did they look so defeated? And why Rick was agreeing to Jake's word? Since when did he start to believe Jake? When even Arnold, his best friend, told her to stay careful around him.

"What in the world happens that suddenly out of nowhere you're sending me with him when you, Rick Parker, promised to do that by yourself?" Rose cried not holding back the tears anymore. She couldn't believe it, she didn't, it had to be a joke.

"Rose," Rick sighed, "Look, you don't even know what's happening out there, we promised you to take home, but never we thought that your life is at risk out here, in the woods, now that you are pregnant, tell me, will you still forgive us if something happens to your unborn child while our stubbornness keeps you here?"

"We don't even know if I'm really pregnant, why are you all making decisions based on that?" She cried.

"Be real, Rose, you could be," Jake huffed.

"What happened, please someone tell me," she yelled now in frustration and grief.

"Kedron saw someone, more like some people, searching for you, asking if he saw or knew Rose Simmons."

A/N: Hello, my beautiful readers, I hope that you all are doing well, what do you think about this chapter?

Please, don't be a silent reader, tell me your opinions, your opinions are always precious.

And If you are not busy, please just hit the small star button.

Thank you.

Share 

Comment 

Vote